Friday, December 5, 2008

Organizing Coupons

I've decided to re-organize my coupons by category instead of date. I know some of you coupon women already use the baseball card sheet protectors and I think this is what I want to try. Having the coupons in a binder instead of a file drawer is so much more practical for me. I looked at Walmart today for these sheets and they only sold them in a binder all shrink wrapped together for $20. No thanks! On ebay the it looks like I could get them at about .15 cents per page. For those of you who use this kind of system, how many pages do you need? I'm guessing that there are around 50 coupons a week. Do I need about 100 pages? 900 slots? More? Less? Please help!
Does anybody know where I could get these at a better deal? Thanks.

4 comments:

The Givens Family said...

Supposedly Target has these for the best price, about 30 sheets for $5. I went there the other day to pick some up and they didn't have any. The person helping me thought they'd definitely be getting some more in soon (that was Target on Eagle, I haven't had time to run to the one on Milwaukee). I have about 30 sheets in my binder right now and not all of them are full. However, I just used a ton of my coupons for the stuff at Walmart and tons of them just expired. I think you'd definitely be fine with 50 sleeves. I think this way of organizing is the way to go. Think about random trips you take to the store to buy things that you've got to have. If you can take your binder along, you're bound to find things on sale that you might not know about and then you'll have all of your coupons right there. Think of the time it would have saved us the other night, don't you agree? Let me know if you have questions about tabs to make, a friend of mine organizes hers this way and I've talked to her about it a lot lately.

Heather Wheeler said...

Sell out.
Now, I am going to have to do this too.

Joanie said...

Katie, I would be curious about what tabs you suggest. I've got a system I'm working on, but I'd take any tips.

The Givens Family said...

Sorry Joanie that it's taken me days to get back on here. Here are the tabs that I'm using: snacks, frozen food, bread/cereal (I put my granola bars in with these), dairy, baking supplies, drinks, condiments, canned fruit, canned veggies, soup, side dishes (rice, beans, pasta), produce, paper goods, cleaning supplies, household (batteries, light bulbs,etc), medicine, toothbrushes/paste, hair care, health and beauty (razors, lotion, soap, body wash, contact solution,etc), restaurants, misc. That's what I've done so far, let me know if you have other ideas or different ways you've filed things. I'm loving this new way already!