Wednesday, January 28, 2009

Baby food/popcorn deal at Albies

Since I have a 7 month old I was interested in the Gerber baby food that was on sale at Albertsons this week. Gerber has several coupons you can print. One is $1 off 8 Gerber 3rd foods and another for buy 2 get 1 free DHA dinners. Albertsons is having a sale for the Gerber 3 foods at 65 cents a piece. So 40 jars=$26 dollars. Use 5 Gerber coupons(-5 dollars) and you want to spend at least $25 so that you can also use the rite-aid $5 off coupon. Making your out of pocket $16. Gerber is also running a deal where you spend $20 you get $4 back to use on your next purchase. So in the end you will spend $12 for 40 jars of baby food or 30 cents a jar. Not bad. Plus I also used my $10 cantalina from the peanut butter deal at walgreens last week and I also bought the orville popcorn on this transaction as well, because its a money maker. Go to this link and this link for $1 off 1 coupons. Print them twice. Then use the popcorn coupon from the store. Some stores will only let you have one. It lets you buy 1 for $2.99 and get 3 boxes free and then my Albertsons let me also use all 4 coupons. So I made $1. Hopefully that wasn't too confusing. I also did the kraft/chicken deal on my next transaction and rolled the $4 dollars into that one. I only bought 4 bottles of salad dressing because I only had 2 newspaper coupons but I still got $1 back to use on my next purchase.

6 comments:

Joanie said...

Great Post! So Albies was paying you overage? In actual money? At the register? Can you tell I'm impressed? (I can get overage but I always have to buy other products to make sure I still pay at least a few cents)

Heather Wheeler said...

Awesome Nikki! I am glad to know about the popcorn... I only knew about the newspaper coupons, so thanks.

Nikki said...

To clarify. I didn't get actual money back. I ended up paying a little over a dollar for the whole transaction so I guess it helped cover some of the tax.

Nikki said...

To clarify. I didn't get actual money back. I ended up paying a little over a dollar for the whole transaction so I guess it helped cover some of the tax.

lindsay said...

I tried the riteaide coupon at both Walmart and Albertsons and neither would take the coupon. Is there something else I need to do?

Heather Wheeler said...

Lindsay- I guess most Albertson's are saying that they only accept product coupons from competitors, although some Albertsons will take it (just outside of the Meridian area).
Whenever I have a problem at Walmart with them not wanting to take a certain coupon, I just pull out their corporate coupon policy and that usually solves it.
Sorry they gave you trouble!