Thursday, January 29, 2009

Marry me Bill!

I LOVE YOU BILL from Albertsons @ Meridian and Fairview. There, I said it. And you all should say it too. He is the Coupon King and manager at my Albies location. He promotes coupon deals like no other store in the valley and he treats coupon moms with the respect we deserve! If you ever have a question or need help with a sale he's your go-to-guy. You'll usually find him at the front of the store amongst the weekly deals. He's the dashingly handsome man with red hair, (Bill, I'm buttering you up for some more coupons!) While I'm singing praises I also love Alex from the same location and Denny from Eagle/McMillan.
Feel Free to give a shout out to your personal favorite cashiers as a comment! Having a employee who knows the policies and treats you with respect is refreshing and makes me want to shop at their store!
It also makes me want to play by ALL the rules. I asked Bill about the policy on accepting the $5 off $25 rite aid coupons and he said that they do not accept $ amount coupons, just products. Albies is liberal with SOOOO many policies and accepting competitor coupons that I respect them not taking that coupon. So let me get up on my soapbox for a moment and say, Don't try to sneak that coupon by your cashier. Now I'll get back off my high horse.
I've got another way you can save $5 besides the rite aid.
When you buy 16 boxes of Orville popcorn you get a $5 catalina that prints at the end of the transaction. This week's promo is, of course, buy one popcorn get 3 free.
-So here's how my transaction went:
-16 boxes of Orville Popcorn
-paid for 4 boxes @ 2.99
-Used 4 $1 off coupons (Bill clarified you may only use ONE coupon per 4 boxes, since you're only paying for one. Let's respect this rule too ladies)
-So then I was at $8 for 16 boxes of popcorn and got a $5 catalina.
-Net $3 spent for 16 boxes of popcorn!
Another great deal that no one's blogged about yet is goldfish crackers. They're 2/$3 and the bags have $1/2 coupon on them, so they end up just being $1. I got a few bags. There are also tear pads for $1.50/3 goldfish($1.50) and 1 pepperige farm natural baked snacks ($2.50).
Heather was right on the Del Monte Fruit Cups. They're marked 2/$3 but they ring up for $1 each- minus coupons.
And lastly thank you to Nate for letting me profess my love to men you've never met. And for being home with the sleeping kids this morning while I was couponing. I love you (in addition to Bill :)

8 comments:

Heather Wheeler said...

Go Joanie Go Joanie Go!

*NaTaLiE SaNdaLL* said...

Thank you so much for this post, I am new to this whole coupon thing and that is the Albertsons I frequent the most. It's nice to know that I'll be well taken care of, Thanks!

Me and My Boys said...

I second Natalie. I am new to all of this, so I'm grateful for your posts! I'm also a huge fan of goldfish crackers, so this is great. Hey, I saw on the side that you can get us free shipping from old navy. I would love that, if you could get the code to me! Thanks!

Coupon Trish said...

Bill is awesome! He's always so helpful. And I'm so grateful he gives coupon help. Another shout out for him!

Tarah said...

Thank you for this post! I just went to Albertson's and saved $52. :)

I want to give kudos to Dennis at the fivemile/Ustick store. He was grabbing people and showing them the specials. :)

Thank you!

Joanie said...

Regarding shipping from Old Navy, I get free ship because I'm a credit card holder, the code is attached to my account. When I place orders for people, they paypal me the money or write me a check and I place the order on my credit card and have it shipped directly to them.

B said...

I would have to agree that Denny at Eagle and McMillan Albertson's is amazing and a wonderful guy!!
BUT...I may be kinda Bias he's my boyfriend BUT he is the one who has helped me SOO much with learning about online couponing and introducing me to new sites thanks to all of Albertson's loyal customers!!

Joanie said...

B- so funny that you found this post. I rarely visit Albies at Eagle/McMillan but one time while there, I left my huge (invaluable) coupon binder at the register and didn't realize it. Denny ran it all the way out to the parking lot and found me. I would have been mortified if I had lost it! That's why he gets props for one of my favorite cashiers. I think you might be dating a gentlemen!