Wednesday, January 28, 2009

My Albertson's Trip for the Week

So, when I first saw the ad for the week I was a little disappointed, but I went today and did pretty well... Here's what I ended up with

Del Monte Fruit Naturals 8oz cups ("chillin' in the produce section") $1.oo
$1/2 Printable here
Final Price-- $.50

Culinary Circle Pizza $6.29
Buy 1 Get 1 Free
Plus with each pizza you get a free 2 Liter of Dr Pepper (which I am totally addicted to!)
Printable $1/1
Final Price-- you end up getting all 4 items for $4.29 (or in my case, I ended up with 4 pizzas and 4-two liters for a little over $10.00)

Nabisco Crackers are on sale for $1.99
When you buy 3 you get Easy Cheese 8 oz., Velveeta 8 oz., or Kraft cheese slices 8 oz FREE
Also, take the coupon from the Fred Meyer Ad to get 3 boxes for $5
Then use the $2/2 from 01/25
Final Price-- .67 per box plus FREE Cheese!

When you buy 3 Kraft Salad Dressings you save $3 instantly on Chicken.
(And I discovered today that when you buy 5 or more kraft dressings in a single transaction you get a "$3 off your next order" Catalina)
So, I did several separate transactions that looked like this:
6 Dressings $2.00 each
$6 in Chicken from the butcher block (on sale this week for $1.77!!)
-$6.00 Instant Savings at register (for the chicken)
- 3 $1/2 coupons from 01/18 (?) (for the dressing)
- $3.oo Catalina
Final Price is around $6.00
(I think the promotion is a lot like the Free Milk, and you could spend less than $6.00 on chicken to lower your cost.)
If you are buying chicken anyways, like I was, it's a great way to get "free" dressing.

Also, don't forget to use the $5 off 25 coupon from Rite Aid, you can go here to print it.


What did everyone else get??

19 comments:

Cathy said...

Nice work Heather! Thank you for sharing... I may do the exact same thing! It never dawned on me to take the Fred Meyer coupon to Albys! I love it! I'm so linking you on my blog! Thanks for doing the thinking!

Joanie said...

The delmonte fruit 8 oz cup is $1.50 so the $1 off 2 coupon makes them $1 each. And the kraft promo gives an instant $3 off for every 3 kraft products regardless of whether you buy any chicken. I'm excited to get more Nabisco cracker coupons and if I could only get the culinary coupons to print, then I'd be happy- it keeps saying "internal server error".

Heather Wheeler said...

Cathy- I am glad this post was useful, I always worry I don't make any sense!
Joanie- My Del Monte's rang up at $1.00, and then I used the coupon to make them 50 cents... I double checked my receipt to make sure.
Have you tried to reinstall Java? Mine weren't printing, and I reinstalled that, and then it worked. Just a thought.

irish said...

Will they only take the rite aid 5 off 25 if your total is 25 after coupons?

Heather Wheeler said...

I always give them the Rite Aid coupon first just to make sure that I am at $25 (before coupons)...but I can't see why you would have a problem if your total is 25 after you use your other coupons.

Sam and Ash said...

My Albertsone would not take the $5 off $25 coupon - they said they match product coupons only, not dollar amounts. I am in Pocatello, did anyone else run inot this problem?

*NaTaLiE SaNdaLL* said...

Hey I'm new to your blog and I LOVE it! I was just wondering what albertsons will take the rite aid coupon, i tried at the one on meridian & Fairview and they wouldn't let me use it. Just wondering, thanks for all the great info!

Heather Wheeler said...

I have used the Rite Aid coupon several times with no problems (in Meridian and Emmett). Does your Albies accept Walgreen's Catalinas for a dollar amount off your purchase?

Heather Wheeler said...

I always have the Albertsons corporate coupon policy with me when I shop which says this about competitor coupons:

5. Competitor Coupons are other retailers’ company discount offers. Competitor coupons maybe honored on merchandise purchased at your store at the face value of the coupon within the valid dates of the coupon. Competitor coupons may not be doubled or tripled and may not be used with an Albertsons store coupon. Customers may choose between offers (Albertsons or the competitor’s) to receive the best price as long as the value of the product is not exceeded. It is Albertsons’ policy for cashiers to abide by the competitor coupon rules as stated in our stores as it applies to value limits and number of competitor coupons per transaction.

You could use this to argue your point about the Rite Aid coupon, because it doesn't specify Competitor "product coupons" only.

In the end it is up to the individual store, but it's worth a shot!

irish said...

which albies in meridian did you go to?

Shelley said...

Impressive Post! :) I thought this week was lame (at Albies),..but I guess not! ;) Thanks for explaining the deals you found.

Heather Wheeler said...

Tamra- Either Cherry and Meridian and Eagle and McMillan. I can't remember now, but those are the 2 I go to. Sorry!
I think Joanie was going to use it today at Cherry and Meridian, not sure if she did though. Joanie? Any thoughts?

The Givens Family said...

Joanie...When I was at the store the Kraft promos was $3 off chicken. PYP says any Kraft product but once I was there it was off chicken. Maybe it was just the Albertson's I was at.

Joanie said...

Katie, the add clearly specifies that the $3 is off chicken, but I rang up my 6 dressings and the cashier pointed out that the $6 had been taken off the price of the dressings when she hit subtotal. (in two $3 offs) I hadn't unloaded the chicken from my cart at that point. I went ahead and got the chicken, of course because I needed it!

Emily said...

Heather, PLEASE help!! My husband reinstalled Java, turned Internet Explorer security way down, tried the link from a different site & made sure the printer was working. It always gives "Sorry, there has been an internal error" Any other suggestions??? I would LOVE to print this one! Thanks!

Emily said...
This comment has been removed by the author.
Heather Wheeler said...

Emily- Do you have Vista as your operating system? I have heard of a lot of people not being able to print who have Vista. Other than that I am really not sure. Maybe try restarting the computer after you install and then print??
Or, hit up a neighbor or friend who doesn't coupon?
Sorry I can't be of more help!

Joanie said...

Emily, I'm with you. I have vista and my husband has done all the uninstalling etc. and I can't get the coupons to print. We're printing them at my father in laws on Sat.

Emily said...

Thanks girls, I'll see what I can do! You're the best!