Wednesday, February 11, 2009

Decoding barcodes. Wonder if your coupon will work on a product?

I just stumbled across this blog with some info I had to share. It is from: www.lomac27.blogspot.com . Scroll to her Jan 29 2009 entry.
(who received the info from: moneysavingmadness.blogspot.com)

It talks about how to tell if your coupon will work on a certain product, by looking at the numbers on the barcode. Your coupon should work if the first 5 numbers of the barcode match the first 5 #'s on the product barcode, if they match, your coupon should work! Try it out, I did. I pulled out my kotex coupons and they matched to the ones I've been getting at Wal Mart. I looked at my febreeze, they match too, shampoo, lotion ect...

I hope that helps someone, I never knew about it, so next time you're wondering if your coupon will work on the product, check out your barcode numbers to see if they match up!

4 comments:

Shannon said...

Good info! Thanks!

Clenece said...

Wow, I didn't know that. Thanks for the tip, I will have to share this on my blog. Thank you!

Cheryl said...

Last night we went to buy Huggies swim diapers and *tried* a regular diaper coupon...and it WORKED. Thanks for this info!

Kasey Hunt said...

Great tip. Thanks so much for sharing. Clenece gave you credit for this on her blog!