Wednesday, February 4, 2009

Walmart Deals



I am posting this information with much hesitation. I went to the Walmart on Fairview in Meridian and had a HORRIBLE experience. It was beyond words. At one point the Assistant Manager, Scott told us they were going to refuse service to us all together. And he insisted that "per purchase" means per transaction... (any beginner couponer knows that purchase means item. If I have 4 cans of tomatoes each can is a purchase). I could only tell him he was wrong so many times and finally I left without purchasing anything. Oh- and he also told me my newspaper coupons could be fraudulent, and that they don't get reimbursed for coupons if there is more than one coupon that's the same per transaction .... YOU HAVE GOT TO BE OUT OF YOUR MIND!! It was by far my worst couponing experience (and I've had some bad ones), and everything I was doing was totally, 100% legitimate. Anyways, I will not be shopping at the Meridian Walmart, but I have had okay experiences at the Nampa Walmart by the Idaho Center, and the one on State and Glenwood.

Also, if you do decide to try your luck at the Meridian Walmart they are still not accepting internet printables (despite what they store manager told me on Monday)... or most other coupons for that matter!

**EDITED** If anyone has had a bad experience at the Walmart in Meridian feel free to join us in calling corporate to see if we can get things changed. I have tried to deal locally with the store manager and it has not gotten better. If enough of us raise our voices, maybe it will help!!
Walmart #
(1-800-925-6278)
Thanks!



Okay, with all that being said here are some deals right now....

Bold

Huggies Baby Wipes (40-ct.), $1.46

$1/1 Huggies Bath and Body Product, 1/11/09
OR get 16-ct. travel size priced at $0.97
FINAL PRICE: FREE- $.46

Johnson's Buddies Hand Soap $.97
Go here for $3/3 Printable
FINAL PRICE: FREE!

Tone Spices, starting at $0.69
$1/2 Tone’s Seasonings or extracts, 12/14/08
FINAL PRICE: $.19 and up

DeMet’s Sugar Free Chocolate Turtles, $1.50
$1.50/1 DeMets Turtles, any 3 oz. 11/16/08
FINAL PRICE: FREE!

Muir Glen Fire Roasted Chopped Tomatoes, $1.18- 1.50
(Thanks Shelley!) Go here for $1/1 And here for a different $1/1
FINAL PRICE: $.18 each-.50

Quaker Rice Cakes, $1.36 (this is for the smaller bag)
$1/1 Quaker Rice Snack Product 1/18/09
FINAL PRICE: $0.36

LaCross Pumice Stone, $1.06
$1/1 Sally Hansen Nail Product or La Cross Implement 1/4/09
FINAL PRICE: $0.06

Rolaids, $1.32
$4/2 Pepcid, Mylanta, Lactaid, Rolaids, or Imodium Product, 1/4/09
FINAL PRICE: FREE!!

Gillette Body Wash (8.4-oz.), $2
$2/1 Gillette Body Wash, any except trial size, 12/28/08
FINAL PRICE: FREE!!

Johnson & Johnson First Aid Kit, $0.99 Trial Size
$3/2 printable
FINAL PRICE: FREE!

Ludens Throat Drops, $1.12
$1/1 Ludens Throat Drops, any 30 ct., 1/4/09
FINAL PRICE: $0.12

Chinet Classic White Plates (15-ct.), $1.50*
$1/1 Chinet Plate 1/25/09
$1/1 printable
FINAL PRICE: $0.50


Crunch and Munch, $1
$1/2 printable
FINAL PRICE: $0.50

Ziploc Big Bags (2-ct.), $2
$1/1 Ziploc Big Bags, 1/11/09
FINAL PRICE: $1.00

Ziploc On The Go Containers, $0.93
$1.50/2 Ziploc Containers, 1/11/09
FINAL PRICE: $0.18


Good luck! I would love to hear how it goes for everyone else!

6 comments:

Marne said...

I know exactly what you mean. This is what I was alluding to on my comments before about Walmart and printable coupons. They are a pain to work with...literally! I figured they still were not accepting printables. I haven't tried or asked about printables at Walmart in Nampa yet. I haven't had to go for a long time. Yay! If you find out, let us know.

Ryan & Martha said...

That surprises me...my last two visits I used internet printables at Walmart in meridian and they took them. I'll be a little more careful next time and try to find the two associates I already worked with :)

Heather Wheeler said...

I called the Nampa store yesterday (by the Idaho Center) and they officially are not accepting them, but I went last week and they took all my internet printables. I really think it depends on the cashier, time of day you go, the mood of the managers while you are there, ect.

Kaila said...

I was just at walmart yesterday (2/3) and had no problem using any of my coupons. I had to put all of the products I had coupons for in the front with the coupons which took longer. If a coupon didn't ring up then the cashier just entered it in differently. I think they are trying to make sure they get reimbursed for the coupons and get the cashiers to pay more attention to the coupons they are being handed. It sounds like they have had a lot of problems with people who aren't honest. Hopefully this is as far as it goes.

Bambi said...

I was there late last night and used Internet print ables and they accepted them. I had the young male checker, he was great! It goes to show it is all about the checker you get. I am sorry it was so horrible for you.

Sara said...

I have had the same problem with this Walmart and they can be rude about it. I got the same answer last week saying they wouldn't accept internet coupons.
I know the exact manager you are talking about Fay...when Kmart did there double coupon add. I talked to her before I gathered my items so I wouldn't waste my time. Then later at the check register she brought another manger over who proceed to tell me that the add said you could on save up to $5 dollars. I was mad and then left to study the add, I went back and showed them that is not what the add said. ONLY then would they ring up my items. I told them I talked to them before I spent 1 1/2 hours collecting my items. I would love to call corporate and complain!