If any of you went a little crazy with the biscuits (myself included) you may or may not have heard that from your husband. Mine can never resist the coupon comments, and now I am on a mission to prove him wrong! So, here's where you come in... I need ideas and recipes to use so that I can use all my biscuits before they expire.Here's what I tried last night for any of you looking to use yours up too.
Chicken Pot Pie (adapted from pillsbury.com)
1 Can of Biscuit Dough
1/3 cup butter
1/3 cup chopped onion
1/3 cup flour
1/2 teaspoon salt
1/4 teaspoon pepper
2 cups chicken broth
1/2 cup milk or heavy cream
2 1/2 cups chicken
2 cups Green Giant Valley Fresh Steamers frozen mixed veggies, or just peas, or whatever you have
1. Heat oven to 350 F
2. Put 3 or 4 biscuit circles on the bottom of your pan ( I used a 6-7 in round baking dish) and spread them out so they are all touching or over lapping
Cook for 20 minutes
3. Meanwhile, in a saucepan melt butter over medium heat. Add onion, cook 2 minutes, stirring often. Stir in flour and seasonings. Gradually stir in broth and milk, cooking and stirring until bubbly and thickened.
4. Stir in chicken and vegatables. Remove from heat.
5. Put in baking dish and top with 3-4 more biscuit squares.
6. Bake 25-35 minutes, or until top is a pretty brown. (you may need to cover with foil for the last 15 minutes or so to prevent too much browning)
We had this last night and everyone liked it. I have never made a pot pie, so I don't have anything to compare it to, but it was easy, quick and I used all ingredients that I had gotten for dang cheap or free. I think the whole meal cost me 50 cents!
Thanks everyone who commented on ideas...
I made the mini pizza's for lunch today for my kids and they were a hit! Just put some spaghetti sauce and mozzarella cheese and bake them up! (I didn't time it, I just watched them closely)
Here's a recipe from all recipes for monkey bread. Can't wait to try this one!
3 (10 oz) packages biscuit dough
3/4 cup white sugar
3 tablespoons cinnamon
1/2 cup margarine
3/4 cup white sugar
1. Mix together 3/4 cup sugar and cinnamon
2. Quarter the biscuits with kitchen shears (dip shears in water after each cut to keep biscuits from getting too sticky). Dip biscuits into sugar mixture, and place in a greased tube pan.
3. Melt margarine and mix in 3/4 cup sugar. Pour over biscuits.
4. Bake in oven at 350 degrees F for 30-35 minutes.
I'll try to add more as I find them!