Saturday, March 28, 2009

Club Tucano's


Have you all been to the new Brazilian Grill TUCANO'S yet?
We got one in Boise a few months ago and they also have locations in Albuquerque, Provo and Salt Lake!

My husband and I went there this week with Joanie and her husband and we all loved it! It was seriously yummy!! Here's how it works. There's not really a menu and the entrees are $20 per person. That gets you an Unlimited Salad Bar (with lots of yummy food, my favorites were the cheesy mashed potatoes and fresh fruit) and Unlimited Meat. Your waitress will give you a little colored block with Green on One Side and Red on the Other.

So, first we took a couple trips to the salad bar and then when we were ready for the meat, we turned the block to Green and IMMEDIATELY a Meat Server Started bringing us meat in his rotation. So every couple minutes you get to try different kinds of meat. Most were SO GOOD. Next time I will pass on the chicken hearts to save room for the Teriyaki Steak, Brisket, Bacon Wrapped Turkey and other yummy goodness that I don't know that name of. (Our Meat Server had a serious accent, think Mr. Deeds) Joanie's favorite was the Grilled Pineapple with a brown sugar glaze!!

Okay, so sounds good right? Are you still scoffing at the $20 per person price tag? Go here to join there Birthday club and in the month of your birthday they will send you a postcard for Buy One Entree Get One Entree Free! So, only $20 for two people!

10 comments:

Camille said...

This is definitely worth the money. Also, lunch is only $13 so it's much cheaper and they still offer a huge selection of meat, and the same huge salad bar.

Heather Carringer Lemon said...

I am so excited for the free birthday dinner. Unfortunatly I have to wait till July, but I hear it is worth it. This is an awesome place to eat!

Brittany Iverson said...

Heather,

Was this your first time going? We love chuarrascorias and Tucanos is one of the best ones we've been to. They are pretty authentic without the risk of getting sick from the food ;) We'll have to all go the next time we are in town. Jared'd favorite is the Guarana and I love pao de soa and I'm with Joanie on the pineapple. So yummy!

Brit

Heather Wheeler said...

Brit- this was my first time going anywhere like this! I loved it! Okay- come home soon! I'm craving it already!

Lindsay said...

I did the club Tucanos thing for my birthday last month. Can't beat $10/person for unlimited food! I signed up for it at the beginning of the month and I got my coupon in a week. I signed my Dad up for it too, because his birthday is the same month as well. I also love the pineapple and those fried banana things - yum!

Heather Wheeler said...

The Fried Bananas tasted like gerbers bananas baby food!!

Allison said...

next time try the black beans and rice from the salad bar and the pao de quiejo(cheese bread)...way yummy!!

Lindsay said...

lol - you're right! I didn't even realize that until now. I'm going there on Tuesday. Can't. Wait.

Its All Good Ya'll said...

I LOVE brazillian steak houses, SO GOOD!!!! Thanks for the info!

Bethany said...

In addition, when you sign up with their birthday club, they send you a card and you get $10 off - make sure to give them the card when you pay for your meal. The food is excellent!