Monday, March 30, 2009

My Walgreens Trip

  • I should have been more vigilant in reading all of your comments before I went to Walgreens and the Softsoap RR wouldn't roll. Darn it!
  • I haven't had an opportunity to stock up on women's shave gel, so I was glad I could do that today. I'd hoped I could roll the RR from a skintimate shave gel to a transaction with an edge shave gel, but as some of our other reader's found out that didn't work. The skintamate shave gels were $2.99 and after each transaction the Catalina machine spit out a $3 Register Reward. So I paid a lot out of pocket, but they were essentially free. The men's edge gel was on clearance at Walgreens on Park Center in Boise for $2.20, and I still got the $3 RR, so those were kind of a money maker!
  • The Mentos gum is on sale 2/$2. I'm glad I saved my $1/1 any flavor Mentos from Smart Source on 3/1. These were totally free.
After Walgreens I headed to Albertsons for my post cereal. I'm so excited about all the good varieties. Blueberry Morning and Cranberry Almond sound so good! I just bought a bunch more coupons on ebay. There are lots more available. You can get 20 $1/2 coupons with a"buy it now" for $2.50 including shipping, so remember that's 40 boxes of cereal. If you buy coupons in bulk you'd better call your Albertsons location to pre-order your cereal. You won't pay til you pick it up, but they can order a large quantity in just for you and set it aside with your name on it in the back of the store. Most stores will do this, just call around. I always had good luck with Meridian/Fairview location.
Last, Amber reported that Albertsons at Overland and Orchard has Scotts TP 4 packs for 10/$10. This means if you print the Scotts coupon from the coupons.com toolbar above (read more in the post below) you can get free TP while you're getting your cereal.
Good Luck Krazy Coupon Ladies. Don't forget to report after your shopping trips!

10 comments:

auntgrandma1 said...

I got 2 packs of scotts free today. Free makes me happy.lol. Thanks so much for the information. It helps so much. Pam

Joanie Demer said...

Auntgrandma1,
So glad you got some free TP. Can you share at what location you found it?

richelle said...

Hey I'm still wondering if anyone has had trouble with Albertson's not taking the Select coupons, the one on ealge and mcmillian in boise, said no after a memo came down from corperate saying they don't carry it so you can't use it and if so it's coupon fraud, anyone else having trouble? They took them first thing this morning and the memo came out around 11:00 am, did anyone else have trouble after that? I don't want to buy them on ebay and can't use them.

Emily said...

Richelle--I'm not sure why Eagle/McMillan is giving you trouble, because Albertson's does indeed carry the Post selects cereals, I've bought them in two different locations today for cryin' out loud! Blueberry morning, banana nut crunch, Apple caramel pecan crunch. . .I have every variety of cereal listed on that selects coupon sitting in my pantry right now courtesy of Albertson's. I know they won't take the coupon for Honey bunches of oats, etc., because those aren't part of the selects cereals, but they will for all the ones on the coupon!. At least they did in the Eagle Albertson's and the Five Mile/Ustick Albertson's. If I were you, I'd just take your business to another location--Meridian/Fairview is extra coupon friendly!

doreenbrit said...

You'll have to forgive me, I am a total newbie but I have to ask. How do you get so many coupons for one item? Like the mentos? Please enlighten me, oh master coupon queens! =)

Joanie Demer said...

DoreenBrit,
I get ten papers a week and the mentos add page actually contained two coupons, so I had 20. But ebay is seriously such a good resource. If you click on the ebay icon in the right sidebar and then enter "mentos gum coupon" you'll see tons of them for sale. It's about $2.50 including shipping for 20 coupons. If you bought them tonight you can still get them before Walgreens ends it's 2/$2 sale. So it'd be like paying $2.50 for 20 packs of gum. Still a pretty good deal. Hope that helps. Good luck!

richelle said...

Thanks Emily I'll have to start trying another albies! arg! They made it sound like a corperate thing so all would be saying the same thing. Thanks for the heads up!

Becca said...

Hi, I'm trying to figure all this out and this site is helping me so much. How do you know what products will print out catalinas and the dollar value that they will be for? I'm sure this is answered somewhere on the site but after an hour of searching I can't find the answer anywhere. Thanks so much!

jana said...

Hi, I am new at this and so you are saying that you don't need a coupon for the shave gels, do you buy them one at a time? and you can use the $3 on the next one??
Thanks Jana

Luv2Save said...

When you are shopping at Walgreen's can you have multiple transactions and use a catalina that you just received for a purchase?