Friday, March 13, 2009

Printable- Coupon Binder Organizer!

Here you go all you newbie KCLs, here's a printable file that will immediately get you organized.
Click here to view the pdf file.
Then print it out (32 pages- don't say I didn't warn you) and make your binder!
I'm sharing my personal table of contents with 31 categories and then 31 Section Header pages. (Kind of a lot to print, but I made them black and white since you're already using up all your color ink printing internet coupons.) I don't use actual tabs, I just print out the 31 category header pages and put them in clear sheet protectors. I have most of my category page numbers memorized by now, and while you're still learning the Table of Contents is a quick flip away.

31 categories? That's a lot, I know, but the more organized I am, the easier it is at the store. For example, for me it's important to separate lotion, from body wash and from hair care because they're all on different isles. I like to be able to go grocery shopping sometimes without planned coupon usage, I just flip my pages in my binder as I walk down different isles. It's super handy!

More info that may help: I use a 3" binder, 60 baseball card holders ($5 for pack of 30 at Target), and about 50 sheet protectors- for all my categories plus one empty sheet protector as my very first page. I use this empty protector as I shop, by pulling the coupons I need and placing them here until I'm standing at the check-out. (I also have some coupons in full page sheet protectors if I'm too lazy to cut them and a whole sheet happens to belong in the same category.)
I hope this helps show some of you one way to organize your coupons and save lots of money!
Leave a comment if you're going to implement this system or if you have another method of organization you'd like to share!

18 comments:

Ryan & Martha said...

Would you post a picture so we can have a visual? Thanks!!!

Shem, Angel, Gavin and Taigen said...

I love, love, love your blog. I've learned so much in the past week since I was told about you. I just bought my binder today (3.24 on clearance at K-Mart) and ordered my pages from eBay. I'm going to print your file and give it a try. Thank you

Kerr Family said...

I just started clipping coupons and I have been storing them in an envelope. I had no idea how to organize everything, what a great idea. I am so excited to get started. Thanks for the help!

Joanie Demer said...

Martha,
Did you click on the link? It will open the pdf file and you can look at it. You don't have to print. Does that help?

Rebecca said...

Love your blog! You have saved me so much in just 2 weeks. I can't believe how many things you can buy for so little money. I am still working on my binder, this pdf will be great to help me along.
Thank you!

amanda said...

Thanks for all the tips! This helps so much on how to organize by aisle. How smart. I went to Target and they don't sell just the protectors for baseball cards. Where at in the store did you find them?

Heather Carringer Lemon said...

I am so glad you posted this. I went yesterday and got a package of the old fashioned photo pages. The ones you just stick your photos in the slots. I just wrote a letter in the corner of each slot and on a few the stores. I think I will look at your way too though.

Misty said...

Just printed and on my way to becoming a coupon queen...again. I hit up CVS yesterday and spent jsut over $25.oo BUT SAVED...OVER $32.00.

Misty

Andrea said...

I am new to couponing and have to say your site is my favorite! I love that you are local (to me :D) and really appreciate all the work you do to make our couponing easier! Thanks!

I am in the process of putting a binder together but can't find those baseball sheet protectors anyway! I have looked at WalMart and Target. What section of Target do you get them in?

Thanks again!

richelle said...

I'm excited to try this, I've been using just an acordian style folder organized by expiration date, but it's hard to find the coupon I want when I need it! I'm excited to try this out. Thanks a ton!

Tamra said...

I use tabs to organize my topics. They are super cheap at walmart (.97 for 8). Walmart has baseball card holders for less than I've seen on ebay or Target. They are 7 something for 60 pages.

Chelsea said...

I am just getting into all of this....but I need some serious organization! It doesn't seem like the link to the PDF is working right now. Can I see if some other way? I am excited to get started.

talktoannie23 said...

What a great idea! I'm having trouble getting the pdf to work too... is there another way?

Joanie Demer said...

talktoannie,
I fixed the link. You can also find the yellow icon on the homepage where you can print the Krazy Coupon Binder inserts- all for FREE.

talktoannie23 said...

Thank you!!

Plastic Crocodile said...

The best place to find card holders is the comic book store. they are real strong material. Plus you can buy as many as you need.

Jennie said...

If putting together a binder intimidates you. You can buy one already put together from www.TheCouponBinder.com. It will save you the time and costs about the same as doing it yourself. Plus, you get a super cute reuseable grocery bag!

Sarah said...

I am soooo excited to do this! I can't close my accordian (didn't realize it doesn't expand from the bottom). I'm getting ready to find all my old baseball card binders now and disassemble them. Sorry baseball cards, the coupons are moving in!