Monday, April 27, 2009

2 Ways to give back

As Krazy couponers, we are blessed by being able to purchase many items for free or very cheap and in turn, have what we need to feed our families. It is important that we give back to others who are less fortunate. May 9th is the "Stamp Out Hunger" USPS food drive. All we have to do is put a bag of non-perishable food items by our mailbox, and the letter carrier will pick it up. I'm sure all of us have gone a little Krazy on some deals and gotten more than we can use. This is a great way for us to give those items to someone in need. I will be looking for things that I can purchase a few extra of in the coming weeks before the food drive. I hope we can all give a little.

Another suggestion to help out our four-legged friends. This week's Smart Source insert had a coupon for free kitten chow. I don't have a cat, but I am going to redeem my coupons and give them to my local animal shelter. Whenever I drive by, I always see a sign that says they need food and funds. I'm sure many other shelters are the same. This is a small way we can help. Thank you ladies (and guys) for your generosity. However corny it sounds, I really do believe we can make a difference.

3 comments:

Heather Wheeler said...

Great Ideas!

Dustin & Erin said...

Also, go to this site: http://www.giveabowl.com/home.aspx?LI=1
You can get a $3.50 coupon, and Purina cat food is $3.98 at Walmart. Not bad for $.48 OOP, and again, I'm sure a shelter would be grateful!

Niki H said...

Thank you so much for your blog and for encouraging people to give back. I also believe we can make a difference.