Wednesday, April 8, 2009

Albertson's Promo/Unilever Promo Overlap

Alysia--you are on to something girl!  I have been all over the Pinching your Pennies forum for the past two days researching how to combine these two great promos.  It's a little complicated, but it is possible.  Check out the forum above and also my post over at Discount Queens for detailed info about how to make this sale work for you (be sure to read the comments section for a scenario idea).  There is still some question as to whether you will get $20 in FREE meat if you spend $50 in one transaction (BEFORE coupons), but Shelly (coupon guru extraordinaire) from PYP called the higher-ups and they assured her that you should be able to spend $75 in one transaction and get the $10 discount 3 times.  I hear reports that they are still working the kinks out today, so my suggestion would be to wait until tomorrow before you try to do this deal.  As an added bonus for waiting, starting tomorrow, you will receive 2 10% off coupons for spending $25 or more between 4/9-4/12 using your preferred card--So really you will be able to take advantage of three promotions all in one trip!  Go get 'em guys!

4 comments:

Stacy Brady said...

I commented on another post but I just did this earlier today and it works. I spent $50 before coupons and got $20 off a ham. I'm sending in my receipts as we speak for the Unilever deal. I got my total down to $9.23 with the rebate and a $5 catalina from the Post Sale! It's totally worth it! FREE HAM!

Emily C. said...

Stacy, tell me--which location did you shop at, and did the $20 come off automatically, or did they have to enter it manually? Way to go girl! I know it was possible! What dod you buy? I'm sure other readers would be interested in hearing the details of your particular scenario, and the coupons you were able to use--I know I would!

Stacy Brady said...

You can go to my blog at couponconvert.blogspot.com it's the second post from the top. I went to the Albertson's on Five Mile and Overland. And they did have to enter it manually but as long as the items match the ad they'll take it off for you. Oh and sometimes the packaging is different than the ad but if the price is the same it will work. For instance the ad says "6 pack of Slimfast for $6" but the only slimfast they had were bonus packs with 8 for the same price. They let me do it because it was the same price.

The Hendricks ID said...

I did 3 25.00 groupings in one transaction because I had 20% off that I wanted to use and sure enough 30.00 came off. crazy!! I actually got it all for free because yesterday I earned 15.00 on 3 cereal transactions because of the coupon doublers. Each transactioin was 5 boxes of cereal with (5)1.00 off post cereal coupons and 3 doublers, so 8.00 off the total was .35 and I got 5.00 back I did this 3 times and had 15.00 to spend on this weeks great sale. (I should have been a gambler like Heather. I had so many doublers I didn't use too bad I didn't have more post cereal coupons to earn more money:)