Friday, April 10, 2009

Heater, anyone?

I just got back from Walgreens. I needed to spend my catalina's that I was planning to use at Albertson's (urgh). Anyway, I noticed that they had some of their heater's clearanced for about 80% off. I got a nice oscillating tower heater that rang up for $50 (I think it was more than that originally) for $10. So, if you think you might need a heater, get one now, while they're cheap :) Oh, and a funny thing...I had 6 Catalina's, so I bought a whole bunch of pencils so I could use all of my Catalina's I had for the heater (you can only use as many catalina's as you have number of products, so to use 6 catalina's I needed to have 6 products)...Outwit...outplay...outlast...I'm a crazy coupon Survivor!

8 comments:

Lynn said...

Does Walgreens allow overages? Cashiers at two different stores have told me that the coupon amount can't exceed the cost of the item. Any other similar experieces or advice on how to get around this in the future? I don't think they would've noticed, but the register got fussy when they scanned the coupon.

Amber Schmidt said...

kudos to you!!! Me and the candy get along really well for my "filler"!

Joanie Demer said...

Alysia in the house! I love "outwit, outplay, outlast" I'm just about to go watch last night's Survivor episode online, I'm glad you didn't post any spoilers. Thanks for the great posts. Oh, and if you're a coupon SURVIVOR, I guess that makes me a LOST cause.

Heather Wheeler said...

Lynn- As far as I understand Walgreen's corporate leaves it up to the individual stores, and most do not allow overage. If it scans in without a problem- they probably won't notice- but most likely the register will beep at them, and they will price it down.

alysia said...

Lynn,
I don't think that they considered the catalina's being an "overage", because I think they considered them going towards the heater (not the pencils)...but that was at my store. It was actually the manager that told me that I could use them, even if I found a cheap item...as long as the numbers equalled out.

Joanie, sorry, you can't claim coupon "Lost"...maybe someone else, definitely not you :)

KrazyRussian said...

I coudn't use my Albi Catalina's at Walmart:(. It was $1 off of yogurt. Does Walmart accept Albis Catalina?

Letia said...

I am SO glad you mentioned that you have to have enough items per catalina. I had a ton of catalina's to use and bought a couple of big items for Easter and could NOT figure out why my catalinas couldn't be used. The cashier didn't know either. Now I know.

alysia said...

KrazyRussian,
Wal Mart should accept a Catalina if it's for a specific product (but won't accept them if they're just "off your next purchase")...just show them that it's a manuf. coupon for a specific prodcut, and they should accept it. WM isn't the greatest with coupons...good luck