Tuesday, April 14, 2009

Kidvantage, Kid Tough

Just wanted to be sure you're all aware of the places that do Kidvantage, Kid Tough, etc. My son is wearing holes in the knees of his pants ALL THE TIME! So, I always buy my pants at either Sears (my favorite) or Shopko. When your kids wear holes in their clothes, you just take them back and get a new pair (the same size, of course)...for no cost. You have to save your receipts if you buy Levi's, but that's the only brand I'm aware of you even have to save your receipt for. This saves us a TON of money. There is one pair of pants I took back today that I've replaced at least 3 times (sadly, I am not exaggerating). And, while I was there, I picked up another pair of pants for $12 on sale, and a $5 pair on clearance too (going home with 3 pairs of new jeans for $17). Cha-ching!

10 comments:

Heather Wheeler said...

Great info Alysia! I'll need to check out those stores!! Now, if we could just get Gap or Old Navy to start this sort of program!

Carol said...

What do these stores do if they no longer have the kind of pants you purchased? Like the ones you got on clearance...I always wondered.

Julee said...

Wow! thanks! I have a 5 year old boy who is just starting to wear through the knees of all his jeans - I'll have to look into buying his pants there!

Michelle said...

Wow - I didn't know they did this! My 5 year old has holes in all of his jeans. I'll have to go check those out!

alysia said...

If they no longer have that exact kind of pants, they will exchange for a similar item. For example, Levi's you could exchange for more Levi's...More expensive brands they will sub for other expensive brands. The pants I brought back today were TKS, and they substituted Toughskins for because they're both around the same price. You just have to try to find the most similar in look and brand. The size DOES have to be the exact same though.

amanda said...

They do not only pants but shoes as well. We have replaced one pair of shoes up to 3-4 times before buying the next size up!

Emilee Wolters said...

My mom used to do this with my little brother 20 years ago-she would exchange one pair 4-5 times over the school year. I was surprized that they still did this but it has saved us. My 5 year old wears out her pants so fast-in like a month or so...old navy was making a killing off us. I just went an exchanged my first two Friday-its SO nice!!! Talk about value!

Sunny said...

Wow! This is great info! And my first time visiting this blog. I am learning a lot and utilizing a lot of your info for my upcoming monthly grocery shopping extravaganza! I did want to ask if this Kid Tough program is regional or if it is a company-wide thing for Sears. Unfortunately we have no Shopko (although I used to love them where I used to live until they went out of business), but we do have Sears. Thanks so much for all this great info. :)

Meghan said...

Does it cost to sign up for this program? i have a 4 year old and a 5 year old and a 2 year old, that I could totally use this for! Thanks for the info!

alysia said...

This program for Sears is regional. It does not cost to sign up for the program. With Kidvantage you also get a 10% off coupon for every $100 you spend.