Saturday, April 18, 2009

The Melting Pot Restaurant Review: 4½ out of 5 stars

The perfect place to celebrate your Anniversary or enjoy a special girl's night out. Aside from the amazing food, I love the Melting Pot for its' linger longer attitude. While other restaurants will push you out the door to fill your table with the next dinner party, the Melting Pot seduces you again and again with each course, perfectly paced, cooked to perfection right before your eyes.

Visit The Melting Pot
6th and Idaho Street
Boise, ID 83702
Atmosphere: 5 out of 5 stars
Comfy booths and tables in the heart of downtown. I can't say enough good things about the atmosphere. The Melting Pot has created a dining environment that is upscale but relaxed, where you can be social but still feel intimate. The perfect special occasion location to enjoy good company.
Family Friendly: 2.5 out of 5 stars
Though we did see children dining in the restaurant, we prefer to suggest this as an adult venue. Older children, of course would love it. But from the 3 hours we took to eat our meal, to the flaming hot pots of fondue- this isn't a place I'd take my two year old.

Service: 5 out of 5 stars

Our waiter was an accomplished conversationalist. He was engaging, funny and adept at attending to our every need (some more frivolous than others). He added to the experience without being overtly present, and he never once asked me how my food was after I'd just put a huge bite into my mouth. When my friend Andrea asked me if I had a fondue maker at home, I replied, "no, but I'd like to take Casey [our server/"fondue maker"] home with me".
Food: 4½ out of 5 stars
I need to use the thesaurus to find better suited adjectives to describe it. Would it suffice if I were to call the food Krazy good? The Wisconsin Trio Cheese fondue with apples, crudités and bread started the meal out right. Then we enjoyed fresh salad. Our entree selection included Lobster, shrimp, chicken, pork, steak and veggies. And last, the 4th course, chocolate holds a special place in my heart. Our table ordered the Yin Yang (dark and white chocolate) and the Turtle (milk chocolate, caramel and peanuts). Our favorite dessert dippers were strawberries, bananas, brownies, poundcake and cheesecake. The four of us girls liked the cheese and chocolate courses the best. If we were rating only these courses, it would have been a full 5 of 5 stars.
Price: 3¾ out of 5 stars
The price point is very high. But you're getting a lot for your money. The full four course meal is priced at $79-$99 per couple. Restaurant.com makes this much more affordable.
Buy their $25 gift card and make minimum order of 2 entrees
Buy their $75 and make minimum order of $150 (perfect for double date)
Overall: 4½
Obviously, not somewhere you eat twice a week, but for special occasions, this is the best I've had- bar none. They exceeded my expectations and met our every need: even offering insulin from the back to help me manage my 'sugar coma'. Thank you to the Melting Pot for a wonderful evening. I hope some of our readers and their special someones can celebrate and dine here soon!

And don't forget to join club fondue for a free chocolate fondue for two on your birthday!
Had the opportunity to dine at the Melting Pot? Please add your review! Leave us a comment!

4 comments:

andrea.roche said...

Beautifully written. I'm so ready to go back!

Bambi said...

Does any one know details about the free birthday dinner for two. When I read my coupon I printed out from the birthday club I do not understand if it is a flat free dinner or if you need to buy another dinner first? Has anyone used this coupon to help clarify?

Sarah & Eric said...

Great Review!!
I have had the opportunity to dine at The Melting Pot.
Food - great tasting although I didn't get to each much because I kept losing the meat in the oil it was being cooked in. Cheese Fondue was delicious!!
Price - Expensive but like you said, good if you do the Restaurant.com deals
Service - Excellent
Atmosphere - Romantic - Hubby and I sat in a little booth that was tucked away from most everything else. It was really nice.
For Valentines Day they sent out coupons for a free bottle of wine - we don't drink alcohol. Maybe they'll do it again sometime.

Ash and Becky said...

The bananas foster chocolate dessert was to die for! I would go back just to get that!