Wednesday, April 15, 2009

Prescription Transfers

So there is not much new in the world of prescription transfers... But here's a rundown of what's out there:

RiteAid is offering a $25 Gift Card when you transfer a prescription to them. Print the coupon HERE
-Coupon is good through April 30, 2009
-Coupon must be submitted when you pick up the prescription, when you call it in, just mention you have one
-Customers who have redeemed a Rite Aid prescription offer in the last 6 months are not eligible.
-You can use up to 2 coupons (2- $25 GC) per person
-See Rite Aid Pharmacy for more details

Target
is offering a $10 GiftCard with a transferred prescription
- You must have the coupon from their weekly ad (from 4/5 I believe)
- The Nampa Target told me they had a FEW extra, just call and ask when you are transferring
-The Pharmacist I spoke with said they usually have a prescription transfer coupon once a month in their ad, and it usually comes out at the beginning of the month.
- See Target Pharmacy for more details

Just call your prescription (for you, your husband or kids) into your usual place and then immediately call one of these businesses and have them switch the prescription to their store. Just take the coupon in when you go to pick up your prescription... Finally it pays to need drugs!

**I don't think your Pharmacist would recommend switching your prescriptions around, if you are on multiple prescriptions every month. This is a great resource if you or your kids get sick occasionally, or if you are on only 1 or 2 medications. Good Luck!**

2 comments:

Its All Good Ya'll said...

Question- Do you know if there is a limit to how frequently you can use this? I have a monthly prescription I had filled at Target and got a $10 gift card. Then I transferred it to Walgreens and got a $25 gift card. Can I transfer back to Target and use it again?

Heather Wheeler said...

There is are limits to how often they will give you a gift card. For Rite Aid it is every 6 months. I don't have a Target coupon, so I am not sure what it stipulates.
I would transfer to Rite Aid and then try Target next time around...