Monday, April 13, 2009

This Week at Target

Target has new printable coupons up and they are good! I am still in mourning that Albertson's is not accepting competitor coupons anymore, because there are multiple coupons for things that are on sale at Albies. None the less, it's going to make for some good deals this week at Target.

Target Coupon Virgin?
Here's the lowdown:
-Target will accept newspaper or internet printable Manufacturer Coupons as long as they scan If it doesn't scan please don't make them "push" the coupon through, lets respect their policy.
-You can use 1 Target Coupon and 1 manufacturer coupon on 1 item
- They do not allow overage, but they MUST accept the coupon and adjust the value down to equal the price of the item.
- If you are having problems with them not following these guidelines, politely ask to speak with a manager, if they can't resolve things, you are urged to call Guest Relations at (800) 440-0680, while you are still in the store.
- I have found that my checkers are way WAY nicer, if I am ready to go at checkout. I put all my coupon items in first and hand them the coupons before they start. If I am still trying to get things organized I tell them to wait to start checking me out. They really appreciate this, because their transactions are timed and they must get in trouble in their average is too slow
.

Huggies Pull-Ups (jumbo packs) $9.99
Use the $2/2 from our coupon bar
Final Price: $7.99

Pledge Aerosol Furniture Polish or Multi-Surface--$2.50 to $2.74
Use the $3/1 printable
Or $2/1 printable
Final Price: FREE-$.74

Clorox Bleach $5/3 or $1.67 each
Use the $1/2 from 4/5
Final Price: $.92

V8 Fushion $2.99
Use this $2/1 printable
Final Price: $.99

Also- all Easter Candy is 50% off, so take your coupons and get some cheap candy! (Don't go to Eagle and Chinden- They are ALL OUT of Easter Candy!)

9 comments:

The Jacobsons said...

This isn't about this particular post rather I heard that McDonalds Happy Meals are half price on Tuesdays, is this true?

Joanie Demer said...

I know they used to be. I often went to the Fairview/Locust Grove location and got them. But it's been many months since I've been. Anyone else know for sure?

talktoannie23 said...

Yeah, I just saw the signs up last week!

Jennspiration said...

Yes, every Tuesday after 5:00 pm the Happy Meals are half off! I love this deal! Also, I saw that Burger King is having a sale on their kids meals: if you buy one BK Value Meal, you get a kids meal for 99 cents!

will and tiff said...

as real newbie to this whole world and i still haven't even tapped into it all...i just wanted to say that last week i went into target with several printables that were rather stubborn...most of which were from target.com...anywho, being new - i didn't really now what to do when they wouldn't scan {i did make a comment about this on a different post} but it was a lot of money i would have lost had they not worked...i wasn't sassy or rude - and the checkers were more than willing to figure out an alternative to the scanning - they looked up the items on the computer and typed in the coupons.

i don't know if this was a rare occasion...but just a little fyi. my ? for you guys...
so what would have done if all the items were scanned and your coupons didn't work?

as a newbie - i wouldn't have known what to do. several of those items with coupons were only purchased because of the savings...so i was thankful it all worked out in the end.

man that was lengthy...sorry for that. and thanks for all the tips and policies! i need all the help i can get. you guys rock.

and the happy meal deal is from 5-7 :> not a minute sooner or later. :>

Heather Wheeler said...

Will and Tiff-
I will try to help you, it's getting late so I hope this all makes sense.
1. If their target.com coupons wouldn't scan- I would push that issue, since it's a store coupon. That has happened to me a few times, and the checkers have always manually entered it in. I think that is totally fine.
2. If a coupon doesn't scan in, often they can type in the numbers from the coupon, and make it work. The problem is when they have to override the coupon and type in "vendor coupon".. that's where it becomes a "gray area"
3. If the coupon will not work after they manually type in the numbers, I usually just ask them to take the item off my transaction and put it back (I try to be really nice about it) Sometimes, if I am buying something I need anyway I will buy it even if the coupon doesn't work.

Hope this helps! Feel free to ask if you are still confused, or if I confused you more!

E.Daw said...

The Idaho Statesman posted a very nice section in their Thrifty Living category about a month ago that has all the restraunts that offer great prices on kids meals (sometimes 1.99 down to FREE) On certain days. I now last week we dined at Joes Crab Shack because of the inexpensive kids meals and this week we tried Pier 49 Pizza. McDonalds use to be my favorite "go to" place for an inexpensive meal out but the selections the Idaho Statesman posted were very welcomed for me! Let me know if you want more information on how to find all the kids meals deals in the Boise/Meridian area.

Sarah said...

Just FYI at target the Bliss chocolates are on sale for 1.99 with the $1 off target coupon plus the online $1 coupon ... they are free!!! Woo hoo

Heather Wheeler said...

Sarah- thanks for the heads up!


The Eagle/Chinden and Nampa Targets are all out... bummer!