Monday, April 20, 2009

Uncle Krazy Coupon Guy

Dear Krazies,

I have a brother in Wisconsin couponing now and he has stocked up on shaving gel and toothbrushes from Walgreen's, and chips at Target. He should be sending me a photo and tally this weekend which I will pass on to you. His oldest daughter (7 years old) now believes she should be able to use a new toothbrush every day because they have so many. I am not sure how many he got, but she seems to think they are swimming in them. I included a scan of a card she sent in a recent letter.
A quick update and photo after a short trip to Walgreen's today. I went in and made two identical purchases: two colgate toothbrushes and one scünci pack. For the first purchase I used two $3.50 Catalinas. I paid $.42 and received one $2.00 and one $2.50 Catalina. For the second purchase I used another $3.50 Catalina and the $2.50 Catalina that printed from the earlier purchase and paid $1.42 and received another $2.00 Catalina. Now that I write this, it appears as though I should have received another $2.50 coupon. Or not. It's likely a $2.50 Cat from the toothbrush would print when used for another toothbrush.The toothbrushes I'll keep for when the nieces and nephews visit. The scüncis I'll mail to Wisconsin for the nieces. And maybe the S-I-L. Hopefully, not the brother.

On my last trip to Lowe's, I made a small purchase and didn't want to waste one of my coupons on such a small priced item and didn't want to buy more just to justify using the coupon. I noticed a couple behind me with a refrigerator and neither man nor woman looked particularly happy. So, as I left, I gave them a $25 off coupon for a purchase of $250 or more towards their fridge. That seemed to cheer them up a little. It might be the start of another couponing couple in Twin Falls.

Also in the photo are coupons for Lowe's. Some I got in last Sunday's Lowe's sales flyers. The others I got from some Mover's Guides at my local post office. I believe that Home Depot will honor the Lowe's coupons, so I should be able to shop for best price first and still get 10% off. And, for the guys who read the Krazy Lady website over their wives' shoulders, Joe's Sports on Eagle Road is going out of business and is advertising 30% off if the Krazy Sign People who waved to me today as I drove by are to be believed. I wonder if they have any Coupon Camo? Or Coupon Hunting Licenses? Maybe you have to draw for certain areas depending on the coupon?

Rick

3 comments:

Matt and Erin said...

Home Depot will honor Lowe's coupons---this much I do know! And--we did it in Twin Falls too.

The Lee Family said...

Sadly Joes still pretty pricey even with 30 percent off...and its a bit of a trick hardly anything is discounted yet..lol

Michelle said...

My Lowe's ad didn't have any coupons this week. You were lucky!
We did go buy that same drill though and used that $10 off coupon that came in the mail.
Good job on the deals!!