Wednesday, May 20, 2009

$5 off $25 at Walgreens- Scenario!

Thursday is the last day to use this $5 off $25 Coupon at Walgreen's. Here is one Krazy Scenario!
Remember- you must be at $25 before tax and after manufacturer coupons, so your out of pocket will end up being around $20...

BUY 1 Colgate Visible White toothpaste $4.99
BUY 1 Right Guard Professional Strength Deodorant $4.99
BUY 2 Off Clip-on Mosquito Repellent $8.99
BUY 2 Lysol Toilet Bowl Cleaner, B1G1 @ $2.79 each
BUY 4 Kraft Macaroni and Cheese $0.69 with in ad coupon
BUY 1 Bic Lighter $2.99
BUY 1 Edge Shaving Cream $1.99
BUY3 Reynolds Wraps Aluminum Foil -20 sq ft $.89 with in ad coupon
Total Before Coupons: $41.16

Use $1/1 Right Guard from 4/19
Use the B1G1 Repellent HERE
Use 2 $.75/1 Lysol Toilet Bowl Cleaner from 4/26
Use the B3G1 Mac and Cheese Coupon HERE
Use the $1/1 Bic Lighter from 5/17
Use the $1/1 Edge from 5/17
Use 3 $.55/1 from 4/19
Price after Manufacturer Coupons: $25.33
Use the $5 off $25

Total OOP: $20.33

Then....
Earn a $4.99 RR for the toothpaste
Earn a $5 RR for the deodorant
Earn a $3 RR for the repellent
Earn a $1 RR for the lighter
Earn a $1 RR for the shave gel
Total Register Rewards Earned: $14.99

Total Price after factoring in Register Rewards: $5.34

10 comments:

Bonnie said...

I love this! I had been trying to figure it out all day. The problem is my walgreens is out of almost everything. So I don't know what I am going to do. Maybe I'll get some smores stuff to make up the difference.

Cindy said...

I am so impressed! I have yet to figure out how to get the deals at Walgreens.

Angelica said...

is the B1G1 Lysol toilet bowl cleaner available in Utah county? I went to walgreens and didn't see anything on B1G1.

Sara said...

An employee at the Overland & Meridian Walgreens said they were getting a shipment today (thursday).

Also, I accidently bought a Right Gaurd Clincal Strength AREOSOL (which still qualifies for the RR). But to my happy suprise....there is a $2 off another Right Gaurd Clincal Strength solid or areosol on the inside top flap of the box. Careful when you open it!
Maybe someone already posted this....but I hadn't seen it yet.
KRAZY!

Neva said...

You might want to double check on some of this. My Walgreen's only allows you to earn two RR per household per day, even if you do them in separate transactions. I try to respect this rule and not be a shelf-clearer. I only buy the things I will really use, so I went on Monday and did the shaving cream scenario in two different transactions, and then went again today and did the same thing. Since my husband is kind of baby-faced, this is enough shaving cream for two years.

Can you really get all these RR if you don't do separate transactions? It doesn't seem like this is the case at my Walgreen's.

ericandash said...

athriftymom,
I just wanted to say that I went in to Walgreens today to use my $5 off $25 coupon and found some fun deals!
I found Fiber One Caramel Delight cereal on sale for $1.19!! I had 2 $1/1 and 2 $0.75/1 so I bought 4 boxes. 2 for $0.19 and 2 for $0.44! I also found boxes of Pringle's honey wheat stix for $0.99 and I had coupons from the paper for $0.50/1 so they were only $0.49 a box. I tried them and they are yummy :) They also had Nair bikini hair remover cream marked down to $1.24. I also did the Aveeno deal(I bought three baby items and used 3 $2.00/1) and got the free travel kit! I also got the colgate, the right guard, the bic lighter, the mac and cheese. :) My total came to just over $26 and then I used my coupon. I also had $5.50 on a card from the last Rebate deal. So I ended up paying only $16! :)
Anyway, just wanted to share my excitement!
Thanks so much for your help!

ericandash said...

sorry, I didn't mean to write "athriftymom" haha! I meant Krazy Coupon Lady!!! (blush!)

Joanie Demer said...

ericanddash, ha! that makes me laugh. No need to blush! We love you just the same and a savvy coupon lady can check as many blogs as she needs! Now go leave a comment for Krazy Coupon Lady over there. . . . just kidding!!! What a great trip at Walgreens you had! Congratulations and thanks for sharing!

Sara said...

I did get several seperate RR all in the same transaction. Of course non of the items were the same. Good luck!

John said...

At my walgreens they are not giving out RR's for they deodorant. I still like the post though, it helps me to "think outside the box" you might say. Thankyou.