Wednesday, May 13, 2009

Cooking With BBQ Sauce

So- if you are anything like me- you are now stocked on Barbecue Sauce for the Next Year. Are you wondering what you will do with it all?!??! Here are a few recipes to get you started... I would love to know how you will be using all your BBQ Sauce, Feel free the leave a comment with your favorite recipe!

Wheeler Family Staple
(meaning this gets cooked and consumed a lot at my house)
5 Boneless Skinless Chicken Breasts
1 Bottle Kraft BBQ Sauce (whatever variety you prefer)
Stick Ingredients in a Crock Pot and Cook until Done.
That's how we roll!

Barbecue Meat Loaf
(courtesy of Kraft Foods)
1 lb. ground beef
1/2 cup Kraft Barbecue Sauce, divided
1/2 cup old-fashioned or quick-cooking oats
1/2 cup finely chopped onion
1 egg, beaten
PREHEAT oven to 375°F. Mix all ingredients except 1/4 cup of the barbecue sauce. SHAPE into loaf in 12x8-inch baking dish. BAKE 45 to 50 minutes or until cooked through (160°F). Let stand 5 minutes. Top with remaining 1/4 cup barbecue sauce.

Citrus Barbecued Chicken Breasts
(courtesy of Kraft Foods)
1-1/2 cups Kraft Barbecue Sauce
1 Tbsp. grated orange peel
1/3 cup orange juice
6 large boneless skinless chicken breast halves (about 2 lb.)
MIX barbecue sauce, orange peel and juice. Reserve 1/2 cup of the barbecue sauce mixture. Pour remaining barbecue sauce mixture into shallow baking dish. Add chicken; turn to evenly coat both sides of each chicken breast. Cover. REFRIGERATE 30 min. to marinate. Drain; discard marinade. PREHEAT greased grill to medium heat. Grill chicken 12 to 15 min. or until tender and no longer pink in centers (170°F), turning and brushing occasionally with the reserved 1/2 cup barbecue sauce mixture after 8 min.

BBQ Chicken Pizza
(Another Wheeler Favorite)
1 Pizza Crust (I like the Pillsbury dough- or the Boboli Crust- or I suppose you could make your own)
BBQ Sauce
Mozzarella Cheese
Cooked Diced Chicken
Red Onions
Bacon Bits
Jalapenos if you want...
PREHEAT oven to 450°F (or as directed). Spread pizza crusts with barbecue sauce. TOP evenly with chicken, cheese, onion, bacon and Jalapenos. Place on baking sheet. BAKE 8 to 10 minutes or until heated through.

Hamburgers
I love to grill hamburgers!! I just make my own patties by dicing onions, using BBQ Sauce, Seasonings and Ground Beef. Then just mix it all up and shape them the size you want!

Bacon Inside Out Hamburgers
(I have been wanting to try these- got the idea here and changed it up!)
1 lb. ground beef
Kraft BBQ Sauce
Bacon Sliced, Cooked and Crumbled
Cheddar or Pepperjack Cheese Slices, Quartered
HEAT grill to medium heat.
MIX meat and 2 Tbsp. BBQ Sauce; shape into 8 thin patties. Combine remaining Sauce and Bacon. Spoon onto centers of 4 patties; top with Cheese Quarters and remaining patties. Pinch edges together to seal.
GRILL
7 to 9 min. on each side or until burgers are done (160°F). GARNISH and Enjoy!

16 comments:

Buff said...

These are so awesome! Thank you!

Pip said...

KC Masterpiece BBQ Baked Beans

2-16 ounce cans pork & beans, drained
4 bacon slices, diced, cooked halfway, and drained
¾ cup KC Masterpeice BBQ sauce
1 tart apple, chopped
½ small onion, chopped (I use 2 tablespoons)
2 tablespoons raisins, chop fine if desired
½ cup brown sugar

Combine all ingredients and bake uncovered at 350 degrees for 1 hour.



BBQ Baked Green Beans

2 – 16 ounce cans green beans, drained
3 slices bacon, diced
½ onion, chopped
½ cup brown sugar
½ cup catsup

Fry bacon and onion in a skillet until crisp. Remove with a slotted spoon to an ungreased baking dish. Mix catsup and brown sugar then fold gently into beans. Cover and bake at 250 degrees for 3 hours.

Niki said...

BBQ Ribs

Great Crock pot recipe, cooks all day!

3 bottles BBQ sauce
4 lbs ribs, any kind (I use country style pork ribs, they are cheap and good!)
1 red onion, chopped
1/2 can of beer (dispose of the second half any way you like :)

Mix all, cook on low in the crock pot all day, serve with rolls and salad...dinner is done!

Chic Crafty Chick said...

Thanks for these great recipes. I was hoping to find some new recipes to use for the BBQ sauce if I stocked up.

Stillman and Michelle said...

Oh thank you so much. do have any recipe's for Mayo and Ranch! I bought a ton not realizing it has a short shelf life. I saved a ton though. Oh well. still learning I guess.

Nichole said...

I'm in Alaska and I even managed to get a few bottles of free BBQ sauce!

The Barkers said...

I was going to write about the ribs too! I just cut up half an onion. Place in the bottom of slow cooker. I get the pork spare ribs. (the ones just plastic and are long) I cut them in half,place in slow cooker. Dump a bottle or two of bbq in. Cook for 4 to 5 hours on low or 6 to 8 on high. Sounds too easy to be REALLY GOOD? NOPE! As long as you get the correct ribs, they are amazing!

Athena Mina said...

Thanks for all the yummy BBQ sauce recipes! Any of them ought to accompany well with macaroni salad or potato salad that you can also make with all the mass amounts of Miracle Whip and Mayo! Ahhh...I can smell summer already!

Hilmarose said...

THANK YOU, THANK YOU, THANK YOU!!!!!
I have so much BBQ sauce (I couldn't pass up free sauce!!! plus I got a profit on each bottle.) I gave some away but still have tons! these will sure help use it up!!!

The Barker Clan said...

We just had bbq chicken pizza and it was good! I put my chicken in the crockpot with the bbq sauce and red onion and then I just assembled my pizza. I made it like they do at Primos, with chicken, bbq, canned corn, diced red onion, cilantro, and then topped it all with cheese! It was a great, cheap, dinner :)

Joanie Demer said...

I was just coming over to add BBQ Chicken Pizza as well! It's my favorite. I'm lady and I just cook the chicken in a skillet with BBQ sauce, then I put more BBQ sauce on the dough, add the chicken and usually a red onion and then the cheese. SIMPLE and quick. I love WinCo's premade pizza dough in clear saran wrap. Found by the ricotta and mozzarella cheese. I can't remember if the ball of dough is $0.99 or $1.99. . . shame on me!

Jennifer said...

The Pillsbury Grands are on sale at Albertsons this week--they make a CHEAP and easy pizza crust for the bbq chicken. My kids love to have their own little pizzas.

cmc said...

the Barkers- tell me again what brand is the correct ribs? pork, precooked, packaged, fresh from the deli. Your receipe sounds so yummy that I must have the correct ribs. (smile) Thanks again. ( "I get the pork spare ribs. (the ones just plastic and are long) I cut them in half,place in slow cooker")

Wild Mountain Gourmet said...

Love some of the recipes, but not sure why everyone is using Kraft Barbecue sauce when there are so many other choices.
We of course prefer Wild Mountain Gourmet Barbecue Sauce, it is all natural no additives or preservatives and taste GREAT!

The Barkers said...

Sorry. The pork spare ribs. They are the long packaged ones,just wrapped in all plastic. Hard to explain. If you were to ask someone they could probably point you in the right direction! I promise they are so delicious! And the fact that they are so easy makes them even better! Good luck. let us konw how they turn out!

The Barkers said...

cmc- sorry. At Winco they are against the wall. Not in the isle. If that helps. Oh, and if you have ever cooked in a crockpot. You know that I meant 3 to 4 hours on high or 6 to 8 on low!! Ha! Sorry! I am sure you caught that mistake also though!