Thursday, May 14, 2009

Fair Policy for us All{icy}: Target Printable Coupons

Sorry about the stupid effort to rhythm. Go HERE for Target's complete coupon policy.

We had multiple readers complain because they were unable to use a Target store coupon for a product that was not excluded, but was not pictured on the coupon. We saw a lot of this when some KCLs tried purchasing the small $0.99 candy bar size Hershey's Bliss using the $1/1 printable. Krazy Coupon Rick experienced this problem and did some investigation- Thanks Rick!

"I sent a letter to Target via their web site and received what appeared to be a generic canned reply to my email from Target. So I Googled Target and found some email addresses at the corporate office and emailed specific people a copy of the first email asking why I hadn't received real answers to my specific questions or concerns.

I just got a call from Aimee at Target in Minneapolis, MN, stating that the $1.00 Bliss IP candy coupon has no restrictions on what size or price Bliss candy it can be used for. She apologized for the staff not accepting them at the store. She said that they should have adjusted the value of the coupon to match the price of the candy being purchased. She did say that local managers can limit the number of items depending on the inventory at their store. This seems reasonable. I mentioned that I left my ten printed coupons at the store with the supervisor out of frustration. Aimee said she will send me a $10 gift card and will contact the TF store to clear up the confusion about how to redeem coupons."

WOW! Good corporate customer service Target. . . now if we can only get that attitude to trickle down to the stores! I think it will; I've seen good progress at Target.

Put your Target Policy knowledge to the test and Shop this weeks deals at Target!


10 comments:

talktoannie23 said...

I was down visiting family and went to the Twin location, too. The SAME THING HAPPENED!!! I'm so glad to hear this is getting fixed!!

Keri Lyn @ She Saved said...

Any chance that Mr.Coupon guy still has the number for the lady that helped him!? I would love for her to hear about my horrible Target experience (Target by the Mall) I blogged about it (just search "insane Target".) It was horrible... the manager was so wrong about her own policies! Thanks for this post, I feel so much better!!

Rick said...

The phone number on my caller ID was 612-307-5000 which I suspect is their local switchboard number in MPLS. When I asked Aimee for her name and number, she only gave her first name and the published 800 # for their Guest Relations Team. I probably could research and discover her last name and start emailing her directly but don’t want to get a reputation as a Krazy Stalker.

Following are the email addresses I used with my second letter which included a copy of the first. Don’t know who, but someone forwarded my email to Aimee. Following this phone call I got a Ref. # to refer to the next time I need assistance. I’ve written this info on my Coupon Policy copy and will have it with me from now on when I use coupons at Target.

gregg.steinhafel@target.com
denise.may@target.com
doug.scovanner@target.com
kathee.tesija@target.com
michael.francis@target.com
guest.relations@target.com

Hope this helps. I’ll give an update the next time I shop at Target to see what if anything has changed. I’ll make sure I shop during hours that someone at corporate is available to answer questions and explain policies to the local personnel. I’ll also make it a point to call from the local store’s CS desk and have a supervisor or manager next to me during the call. I’ll also get as many names as possible for documentation.

While this may seem excessive, it seems accurate details helps to clear up any confusion by zeroing in on the people who are confused. I try not be confrontational, but rather “ignorant” of their policies and ask enough questions to allow them to educate me as to my confusion which often clears up theirs too.

Keri Lyn @ She Saved said...

thank you thank you thank you!! you are doing great things for couponers everywhere ;)

Its All Good Ya'll said...

I too had a bad expierence at Target and called their customer relations number. The gentleman was very nice and said I was right and they were wrong. He is sending me a gift card for my troubles. It pays to complain.

sarah said...

i didnt have a bad experience at target as i bought a ton of stuff and only paid 3.35. but my target the cashier refused to let me and my mom use the hersheys coupons. she said it was for a 'bag' of them when it doenst state anything on the coupon. i didnt argue with her though. maybe ill email these people too and get a gift card. =) thanks.

Annie said...

I have not yet coupon shopped at target, but am dying to, so I have been researching their coupon policy and this is the most up to date posting I have found. Thank you so much for all the great info! I have been hesitant because I have heard nothing but horror stories from my friends, so I wanted a hard copy of their policy for my binder, as I do for all my other stores. I haven't been able to find it anywhere, other than other peoples emails, so I sent a request in to their customer service to post their current policy ONLINE for everyone to access, with a corporate logo on the page (I figure if I ever need to whip it out, it will look much more official with the company logo on it, OCD, I know). Plus, I really like the idea of printing out two copies, one for you and one to give to whoever is 'confused' at the checkout counter (sorry, can't remember where I read that recently). I am anxiously awaiting their reply. If I do not get satisfaction, I will "pull a Rick" and stalk down the emails of a few Target exec's. I don't think it is asking too much to have the policy posted online.

Its All Good Ya'll said...

I too had a problem with this coupon. I called corporate and they assured me there was no reason why they shouldn't accept it and follow policy. They also sent me an apology gift certificate. When I went back in to try again the manager was very friendly but said they had received specific instructions on that coupon and they were not allowed to accept it for the candy bars. Oh well, I killed on the other deals!

Jennifer said...

Are you able to send my that e-mail i been trying to contact target about a problem and i get a run around.
Jennifer19md@yahoo.com
Thanks

Muddy said...
This comment has been removed by the author.