Friday, May 22, 2009

Happy Memorial Day Weekend Everyone!!

Here are few ideas to stretch your buck over the long weekend...




I am so grateful to the men and women who have sacrificed so much so that I can have freedom. Freedom to raise my family without fear, freedom to practice whichever religion I see fit; Freedom is what makes it possible for the biggest worry on our minds to be whether or not the checker is going to let us do 3 transactions in a row, or whether it's ethical to take the last 2 items from a shelf. Seriously, the things we get our panties in a twist over are so trivial. I have my freedom and my family and those are the things that bring me true joy. I hope you can spend this time with your family and while you do, remember to be grateful for the limitless opportunities that our Freedoms' provide us and remember the men and women who have sacrificed it all to make that possible for us. God Bless America!

PF Chang's is offering a FREE Lettuce Wrap Appetizer with the purchase of an Entree

Go here to give them your email and get the coupon!

Sign up for Quizno's Q Club for special offers and a free Sammy on your birthday

$1 off any Orange Julius... Yum!

Here is a coupon for $5 off $25 at True Value.
FYI, Lowe's and Home Depot both accept Competitor Coupons
and both are offering an additional 10 % off to all member of the military
(Active Duty, National Guard, Reserves, retirees and honorably discharged veterans)
Thanks Common Sense with Money!


Get an extra 20% off(on an order of $50 or more) at Carter's.
They are having a 60% off Sale- Plus an Extra 30% off Sale Items.
Use the coupon for an extra 20% and you'll be saving TONS!
Thanks Common Sense with Money!

5 comments:

AnotherThriftyMom said...

I just want to say this because it's how I feel, but I say it with kindness.
I find that this post is very distasteful. I think that if you are going to say "HAPPY" Memorial Day and then post deals about FOOD and coupons, with pictures of fallen soldiers, is wrong.
I think that MEMORIAL DAY needs to be remembered as the day where we HONOR our fallen soldiers. The ones that have given their LIVES for us.
And I don't think it would be too hard to make a seperate post with food deals and coupons and keep the pictures of the fallen soldiers in it's own post, honoring them.

Brittany said...
This comment has been removed by the author.
Joanie Demer said...

I'm sorry if you were offended by the post. I added a paragraph that includes my feelings about Memorial Day. I think we need to remember the sacrifices that have been made for our country. I also think that these sacrifices have been made so that America is FREE and Memorial Day weekend is a great opportunity to spend time with the ones you love {and maybe save a little money while doing it. . . it's good to be free from other things like debt, right?}
I don't like to share personal info on KCL, but in this case I think I will. Our family is beginning to know some itsy bitsy portion of the sacrifice that is military service. I haven't seen my husband in almost 7 weeks, neither have our two young children, because he is a Boot Camp. We miss him terribly and it's been a really difficult 2 months, but we will spend this weekend thinking what it means to be a military family AND enjoying $1 my orange julius.
At any rate. Thanks for sharing, I hope the addition to the post makes it more tasteful. We would never intentionally make light Memorial Day. No hard feelings?

AnotherThriftyMom said...

No hard feelings at all. I understand that you don't want to get personal, but I also don't think that Memorial Day is a "personal" subject, ya know?
I think it's awesome that your husband is in boot camp. I also am a military wife and it's VERY hard to be away. My husband is deploying ot Iraq in 2 months.
But this Memorial Day I will be thinking of my friend who I lost last year while he was fighting the Iraq war.
And I appreciate your post.
Thank you.

Joanie Demer said...

AnotherThriftyMom,
I am so sorry for the loss of your friend! It's because of families like yours that our country is free. Thank you for all your sacrifices!