Friday, May 8, 2009

KCL Song Contest entries

Thanks to all you creative readers who sent us your ballads and coupon songs. It was fun to read them. Readers, please leave a comment if you like and let us know which is your favorite. Whichever song gets the most comment love will win a few hundred dollars in coupons!

As I clip each coupon, I stop to think,
of all the paper and all the ink.
It all works out when the coupon is used,
but when I overprint...it's so abused!
I am so excited when I save a buck.
And when its two, WOW the luck!
But as I cut my mind just sees,
forests are falling! OH THE TREES!!
To the tune of Whip it by Devo
Clip, clip, clip
Clip that insert, clip
Find a great steal,
Find the greatest deal
When a coupon comes along
You must clip it
Before the sale is good and gone
You must clip it
You’re never going wrong
If you clip it.
Now clip it
Clip today.
Cut it up
Cut straight
Go forward
Move ahead
Try to find a sale
It’s not too late
To clip it.
Clip it good.
When a coupon comes around
You must clip it.
You will never live it down
Unless you clip it.
No one gets away
Until they clip it.
I say clip it
Clip it good
I say clip it
Clip it good.


To the tune of America by Neil Diamond
Far
We’ve been traveling far
To find a sale
To match the coupon bar.
Free
Want our stuff to be free
If we look real hard
We know it will be.
In their vans and SUVs
They’re coming to use IPs
Never pay full price again
They’re coming to use coupons.
Sales, don’t seem so far away
They can find them every day
In their weekly ads,
In their weekly ads.
Home, with new and shiny things
Always more bags to bring.
Where will they put it all?
Where will they put it all?
In and out of every aisle
They’re coming to the clearance sale.
When they pay they’ll take awhile
They’re coming to the clearance sale.
Got the blog to take them there
They’re coming to the clearance sale.
Got the deals the krazies shared
They’re coming to the clearance sale.
They’re coming to the clearance sale.
They’re coming to the clearance sale.
They’re coming to the clearance sale.
They’re coming to the clearance sale.
Today, today, today, today, today
My coupons tis of thee
(today)
Sweet binder full of free
(today)
Of thee I sing
(today)
Of thee I sing
(today)
To the tune of "Margaritaville" by Jimmy Buffet
Double-Couponville
Nibblin' on sponge cake,
Watchin' my sons bake,
Pillsbury mixes packaged in foil.
Sunnin' my six-pack,
As I lay on my tanned back,
Smell the Ramen it’s beginnin' to boil.

Chorus:
Dreamin' away again in Double-Couponville
Searching for another discount to play.
Some people claim that there's no quota to fill,
But I know, I’ll hit it today.

My gal she’s a teaser,
Using new Walgreen tweezers.
Pluckin' some hairs to please no one but me.
But I’m a real saver,
As I use Gillette razors,
When I buy two I really get three.

Chorus:
Dreamin' away again in Double-Couponville
Searching for another discount to play.
Some people claim that there's no quota to fill,
Now I think, that there may be no way.

I blew through a stop sign,
To get there at sale time.
Pushin’ the carts will make my arms strong.
There's food in the freezer,
And it’s good when I feed her,
Red Baron pizzas that I got for a song.

Dreamin' away again in Double-Couponville
Searching for another discount to play.
Some people claim that there's no quota to fill,
But I know, what Krazy Ladies would pay.

Yes, some people claim that there's no quota to fill,
And I know, what Krazy Ladies would pay.


12 comments:

Athena Mina said...

My vote is for the song that is "to the tune of America by Neil Diamond." I giggled at this one because it is SO me!

Brittany said...

Neil Diamond for sure.

Arin said...

I LOVE Neil diamond-but I think the clip it song is more catchy-so I vote for that one.

Cris said...

I agree, I love the Neil Diamond. And Margaritaville second. Ok, now I'm in the mood for margarita's and top ramen! LOL

Pretty. Crazy. said...

It's all about The Neil, baby!

Haylee said...

I pick Neil Diamond What a creative couponed version of that song! And yes, couponed is a word...well, at least it should be.

Miss Anna B said...

LOVE LOVE LOVE the Neil Diamond coupon clippin', money savin', clearance sale tune!

From the beehive said...

Lovin' the Neil Diamond song!

richelle said...

I like the first one about all the trees, my husband wonders about them as he sees my stack of IP's!

Rick said...

My vote goes to Neil Diamond (who I saw in concert in 1976).

Kristal and Jason said...

Neil Diamond baby!

Carol said...

My vote is for the Couponville...made me laugh.