Tuesday, May 19, 2009

Keep an eye out for cheap meat at WinCo!

I was just at the Meridian Winco and came across a meat case in the produce section that had bone-in chuck roasts on sale for $0.78/lb!!!
It was so nice to be able to pick up a giant (approx. 6-7lb) piece of meat (which will feed my family of 6 for several meals and lunches for DH) for only $5-$6!! I picked up 4 packages which will last us for some time.
Keep an eye out at Winco...they have been quietly putting things on sale....i.e. a few weeks ago I picked up 1lb. chubs of ground beef for $0.99/lb!

This just came in from KCL, Melissa, thanks for the heads up!

5 comments:

Jessica.B said...

i just stumbled across your blog, and i am totally addicted. i am a recently married 20 year old living in boise, and our grocery bill was getting highly out of control!! i love your posts!! thanks!! (the whole coupon thing still overwhelms me to the max - but i will give it a try)

Aranda Family said...

I have a question...I was at the downtown Winco today and I saw a sign by the entrance that said that they are not taking IPs. Has this always been the case? Are all the wincos like this? Thanks for all the help!

Joanie Demer said...

Aranda Family,
Seriously?! Please tell me it's not so! Where were you shopping? I'll figure out what the deal is ASAP!

Aranda Family said...

Joanie,
I was at the downtown Boise winco and there was a plaque on the wall by the front entrance that said due to fraudulent IPs they are only accepting coupons from newspaper inserts and the mail. I was in a hurry so I didnt get a chance to get to the bottom of it. Thanks for doing the dirty work!

Cara said...

Winco in Pocatello and Idaho Falls do not take IPs either.Its the paper,mail, or nothing!