Saturday, May 2, 2009

Peter, Paul and the Krazy Coupon Guy

Written by Krazy Coupon Guy Rick
Puff the Coupon Maven

Puff, the Coupon Maven, lived near Boise,
And double-checked her shopping list to Buy One Get One Free.

Little Joanie Demer loved that rascal Puff,
and watched her stack her coupons to buy some tasty stuff. Oh

Puff, the Coupon Maven, lived near Boise,
And double-checked her shopping list to Buy One Get One Free.
Puff, the Coupon Maven, lived near Boise,
And double-checked her shopping list to Buy One Get One Free.

Together they would travel with a cart down crowded aisles,
Joanie kept a lookout as she watched Puff's determined smiles,
Noble clerks and stockers would bow whene'er they passed,
Vendor reps would lower their eyes when Puff roared out her name. Oh

Puff, the Coupon Maven, lived near Boise,
And double-checked her shopping list to Buy One Get One Free.
Puff, the Coupon Maven, lived near Boise,
And double-checked her shopping list to Buy One Get One Free.

A Maven lives forever but not so little girls,
Painted nails and navel rings make way for boys and pearls.
One grey night it happened, Joanie Demer came no more,
And Puff that Mighty Maven, she ceased her fearless roar.

Her head was bent in sorrow, unused coupons fell like rain,
Puff no longer shopped at Albertson’s down on Cherry Lane,
Without her life-long friend, Puff could save no more,
So Puff the Mighty Maven, sadly slipped out of the store. Oh

Puff, the Coupon Maven, lived near Boise,
And double-checked her shopping list to Buy One Get One Free.
Puff, the Coupon Maven, lived near Boise,
And double-checked her shopping list to Buy One Get One Free.


HEATHER HAD A LITTLE JAM

Heather had a little jam,
Its price was very low.
And everywhere that Heather went,
The jam was sure to flow.
She dropped a dime on jam one day,
So much she liked the spread.
It made the other shoppers say,
“Nice jam - We have some bread!”


KCG Rick

Are you too an aspiring song writer? Send us your best coupon ballad or post it as a comment. We'll be sure to pick a winner and hook you up with a few hundred $$ in coupons!
And free coupons (and maybe even a FREE T-shirt) for anyone who posts a you tube video singing My {Couponing} favorite Things. . . HERE
To read KCG's Sonnet go HERE

12 comments:

Joanie Demer said...

I'm really trying to rise above the fact that I'm supposed to be the obese and rotund green dragon with a huge -Leno style chin and warts covering my face while Heather's the cute innocent blonde. And to think you hit the nail so close to the head despite the fact that we haven't posted any pictures of ourselves. . .

Amber said...

how long do we have to conjure up our most creative concoctions? thanks!

Rick said...

Little Joanie Demer is WITH that rascal Puff. She is not Puff.... And, I think you should ask the person who chose the Puff picture why the warty one and not this one?

http://images.livescience.com/images/bestdragons_puff_03_10.jpg

Joanie Demer said...

Touché

amanda said...

Why don't you post pictures of yourselves so that we can have a face instead of a black picture of a girl with a ponytail???? We would love to put a real face with a name just for fun!!!!

Joanie Demer said...

Amber,
What about til Thurs or Friday next week? Whatever it takes to get a good song out of ya!
Amanda,
I'm sorry I didn't make it clear that the "black lady" is my exact silhouette! Ha! Just kidding, of course. You'd be sorely disappointed by my actual pictures. And despite the fact that my name is public, I like to keep some kind of anonymity. I want KCL to be about the sassy savings, not about Heather and I. I appreciate your kind note though!

Joanna said...

I wonder if it would be frowned upon if I were to dress up in my best “Fem Bot” outfit and prance in the aisle at Albertsons singing Joanie's My Favorite Things song........

Heather Wheeler said...

Joanna- It wouldn't be frowned upon here!!!

Joanna said...

LOL well your FavIcon has always reminded me of a Fem Bot from Austin Powers, in the best way possible of course!

Rick said...

Hey, Joanie! I just realized your title for this posting would make me Mary (not Merry) in this singing trio.

As for Heather, after stalking the young cashier at Albertson's, she may be cute and blonde, but I wonder about her innocence. Or at least her desires.

However, it sounds like we should discuss the underlying causes and implications of your public self-deprecation?

Remember, humility is nothing to be proud of....

Couponeer said...

Not so much of a ballad, but then again I am new to this game!

As I clip each coupon, I stop to think,
of all the paper and all the ink.
It all works out when the coupon is used,
but when I overprint...it's so abused!
I am so excited when I save a buck.
And when its two, WOW the luck!
But as I cut my mind just sees,
forrests are falling! OH THE TREES!!

Joanie Demer said...

Couponeer,
Ha ha ha! I love it! Good Job!