Sunday, May 10, 2009

Target Deals 5/10-5/16

Here is the list of deals and coupon match ups for this week at Target. Check out the Tostitos, Gillette venus razors, and Kraft Mayo. Those are my top picks for deals this week!

Buy 5 of the Following Products and receive a $5 Gift Card
Tostitos Chips, dip, salsa or Pepsi
Scenario:

Buy 10 Tostitos Chips, Dips or Salsas $3.00 each Use 5 $1 off chip and salsa/dip coupons from Smart Source 4/26 {darn it! This coupon already is expiring TODAY!} There is another coupon out there “But 2 Tostitos dips get a bag of chips FREE” this one expires on 5/15 Final Price $25.00 for 10 items plus 2 $5 Gift Cards
{essentially $1.50 per bag or dip}


Buy Two of the Following Products and receive a $5 Gift Card

Gillette Venus Breeze razor $7.99
$2.00/1 from P&G insert 5/3
$5.99 after coupon plus receive $5 GC when you buy 2
Pampers Super Mega Pack Baby Dry, Cruisers or Swaddlers $17.99
$1.00/1 from P&G insert 5/3
Final Price: $16.99 plus receive $5 GC when you buy 2

Bounty Extra Soft 12 Big Roll Paper Towels $14.00
Use $0.25/1 Coupon from p&G insert 5/3
$1.00 off Bounty Target Coupon
Final Price: $12.75 plus $5 GC when you buy 2

Charmin Basic Toilet Paper $10.00
Use $0.25/1 Charmin Product from P&G insert 5/3
Final Price: $9.75 plus $5 GC when you buy 2


Coupon Match Ups from this Week's Ad
Secret Antiperspirant/Deodorant $2.19
$1.00/1 from P&G 3/15
Final Price: $1.19

Lean Cuisine Meals $2.00
$1.00/5 Lean Cuisine Meals
Final Price: $1.80 each when you buy 5

Archer Farms 16 oz Trail Mix $2.99
$0.50/1 Target Coupon
Final Price: $2.49

Sobe Lifewater $1.00 each
B1G1 Free Sobe Lifewater
Final Price: $0.50 each WYB 2

Dan Active $2.00
$1/1 HERE
Final Price: $1.00

Clorox 2 66oz or All 100oz detergent $8.99
$1.50/1 Clorox 2 print from KCL coupon bar
$1.00/1 All Free and Clear HERE
Final Price: $7.49 for Clorox2 $7.99 for ALL

Windex Outdoor Starter Kit $12.99
Use Free Refill Coupon
Final Price: $12.99 for Starter Kit and Refill

Suave Professionals Humectant $1.69
Use $0.75/2 Target Store Coupons
Final Price: $1.32

Coppertone Sport Sunscreen $6.99
$1.00/1 Coppertone Coupon
Final Price: $5.99

Tropicana 59 or 64 oz $2.99
$1.00/1 printable
Final Price: $1.99

Vitamin Water $1.00
$1.00/1 coupons available on ebay for about $0.50 a piece
(they were in the inserts on 4/5 but our area didn't get them, there are also BOGO Free coupons out there.)
Final Price: Free


Ongoing Freebies on snack sizes by the registers or in the snack bar area:
Bliss Candy Bar $0.99
Use $1.00/1 Target Coupon
Final Price: Free

Pringles Chips $0.69
Use $0.50/1 Target Coupon
Final Price: $0.19

Quaker Granola Bites $1.00
Use $1.00/1 Target Coupon
Final Price: Free

I’m out of town this week and so the prices below may not reflect your local store’s price, but here are some deals worth checking out- especially the Kraft Mayo!
Kraft Mayo $1.99 (varies by region)
Use $1.00/1 coupon from Smart Source insert 4/26
Use $1.00/2 Target Coupon
Final Price: $0.50 each when you buy 2

Nabisco 100 Calorie Oreo mini Cakesters $1.93 (varies by region)
Use $1/2 100 Calorie Oreo Mini Cakesters
Use $1.00/1 Target Coupon
Final Price: $0.43 each when you buy 2

Del Monte Fruit Chillers $2.00 (varies by region)
Use $1.00/1 Coupon
Final Price: $1.00

Country Time Lemonade $2.50 (varies by region)
Use $1.00/1 Target Coupon
Final Price: $1.50 after coupon

Dry Idea Deodorant $2.00 (varies by region)
Use $2.00/1 coupon from KCL coupon bar
Final Price: Free

Dove Go Fresh (travel size) Deodorant $0.99 (varies by region)
Use $1.25/1 coupon from Red Plum insert 3/15
Final Price: Free

For a great post about how Target stores are competing with Walmart and even Target's possible price-matching in the near future check out this post by my friend, Ginger HERE.

6 comments:

Rick said...

Went to Target today to use my $1/1 Bliss Candy coupons and was told by a cashier and supervisor I couldn't use that coupon for the $.99 candy bar because the picture was different on the coupon.

I had used the same coupon earlier this week with no problem.

I sent a letter to Target via their web site for clarification. Will let you know if I get a response. Tried the 800 # but they are only available M-F.

miriama said...

I was going to say about the same except I never got to use the Bliss coupons even once on a candy bar. The cashier said no way.

Joanie Demer said...

Rick, first off, I don't recognize you. You look rather dashing, I must say!

Grrr for both of you! You should be able to use the bliss coupon because it doesn't specify the size and if they give you grief for the coupon exceeding the price of the item. . . well we've been over that a million times, but they should be accepting your coupon and adjusting the price down to match the value of the item.

Rick said...

Earlier today I received what appeared to be a generic canned reply to my email from Target. So I Googled Target and found some email addresses at the corporate office and emailed specific people a copy of the first email asking why I hadn't received real answers to my specific questions or concerns.

I just got a call from Aimee at Target in Minneapolis, MN, stating that the $1.00 Bliss IP candy coupon has no restrictions on what size or price Bliss candy it can be used for. She apologized for the staff not accepting them at the store. She said that they should have adjusted the value of the coupon to match the price of the candy being purchased.

She did say that local managers can limit the number of items depending on the inventory at their store. This seems reasonable.

I mentioned that I left my ten printed coupons at the store with the supervisor out of frustration. Aimee said she will send me a $10 gift card and will contact the TF store to clear up the confusion about how to redeem coupons.

I forgot to get the name of the Target cashier or supervisor yesterday but will do so if I have other issues.

The call was pleasant and Aimee seemed genuinely willing to listen and find some way to communicate corporate policies to the local stores.

Joanie Demer said...

Great work Clark! Oh. . .I mean Rick. I'm so excited for you! I'll include your comment in my next Target post. That's great info, and again shows that Target is willing to stand by their policies and be fair to their customers. Thanks for passing along this info!

berkeley said...

I didn't have much luck at Target today. When the cashier couldn't get a couple of my coupons to scan, including one from the newspaper, she told me that they couldn't take them because they didn't have a contract with the manufacturer!! Some of these coupons were IP's for which I also had a Target coupon for.

Call me crazy, but this was about the lamest story I had ever heard. I was so frustrated after standing there listening to her and watching the lady in the next lane check out with pretty much the same items and same coupons, I finally just asked for my coupons back and left the store.

I went to the store on Eagle and Chinden, picked out the same products and guess what.....EVERY coupon worked just fine. I know where I'm NOT shopping from now on.