Tuesday, May 26, 2009

Trouble Printing Coupons???



Problem: Coupon Print Will NOT Install

If you clicked the Activate Button and nothing happened or if you sent you back to the selection page, then something is blocking the the Coupon Printer from being installed.

Possible Solution: Spyware or Anti-Viral is Blocking the Printer. Make sure you have the Updated Version, and follow the spyware directions to allow the installation.

Possible Solution: Your browser settings are not configured properly to allow ActiveX items like the coupon printer to install. If you are using Windows XP, SP2, or Vista, a yellow information bar should appear at the top of your window. That bar can only appear if your security levels are set to “medium” and all ActiveX items are set to “prompt” or “enable”.


If your settings look right, it may be that a past encounter with another product has irreparably shut the prompt down for downloads like the coupon printer. When this is the case, switching to a new browser will give you a clean slate. This happened to me in Internet Explorer- so I downloaded Firefox- and now I have no problem printing coupons. www.mozilla.com/firefox. It will not replace Internet Explorer as your default browser if you don’t want it to. You can run both browsers on your computer (even at the same time).

If you are having trouble and these ideas didn't fix the problem, go here to see more options.
If you are having a hard time with retailers accepting smartsource coupons, go HERE to print a letter to show to the checker.

Still not working? Here are a few things that are rumored to help!

1. Change your printer settings to "Print Directly to Printer"
To do this, Go to Control Panel. Click on the Printer Icon. Right Click, then Select Properties. Choose the Advanced Tab. Select "Print Directly to Printer", then OK.

2. Clicking on a link from KCL (or, gasp, another blog) and getting a "Please Wait" for ever and ever??
So, this may sound confusing, but IT WORKS like a charm!! Listen (or read) Carefully:
When a link is copied into a post it will be different depending on where the author of the post got it from and/or what operating system they use. For Example, if I find a coupon from coupons.com and link it in a post and I use firefox, it will be different than if I use internet explorer. (Making sense?)
So- all you need to do is look for 2 letters and change them according to what operating system you use.
Here is an example of a INTERNET EXPLORER link:

http://bricks.coupons.com/Start.asp?tqnm=qengbnd28576522&bt=vi&o=56385&c=PL&p=rDjUmp9f

And here is the same coupon for FIREFOX:

http://bricks.coupons.com/Start.asp?tqnm=qengbnd28576522&bt=wg&o=56385&c=PL&p=rDjUmp9f

Here is the same coupon for SAFARI:

http://bricks.coupons.com/Start.asp?tqnm=qengbnd28576522&bt=xs&o=56385&c=PL&p=rDjUmp9f

Internet Explorer will have a wi or vi

Firefox will have a wg

Safari will have a xs

So- if you happen upon a coupon- get used to checking the url for these 2 letters and change them according to your operating system.

Also, you will notice at KCL, we try to make it easy on you, so often you will see something that looks like this:

Use the $1/1 IE or FF
(in this case we have done the leg work for you, the IE is the internet explorer link, and the FF is the firefox link)

Still having problems? Leave a comment and I will try to help you out...
or maybe another reader can offer what helped for them!

2 comments:

The Barkers said...

When the tree top coupon came out I had trouble printing it. Right under the address, it says something about pop ups. I just clicked temporairly stop pop ups. I just clicked it once. It let me print and then it started blocking them again so you don't have to change it back. Kind of confusing! I know how frustrating it is when you want to print something and it won't let you! So I hope this helps someone!

Lindy said...

I have an Apple (Mac) computer. I have the Safari and Firefox browsers. When I first started printing coupons last October I had no problems with SS. I am unable to print the Smart Source coupons since they made changes a few months ago. I keep getting the message to upgrade my Java (which I have) and it still will not work. I end up with a red "X" on the page. Can anyone help me fix this??? TIA