Saturday, May 2, 2009

Walgreens 5/3-5/9


HERE ARE THE DEALS I THINK ARE BEST AT WALGREENS THIS WEEK, SCROLL DOWN TO SEE THEM...

ESR: Easy Saver Rebate
IVC: Instant Value Coupon
RR: Register Rewards (like a Catalina)
OOP: Out of Pocket

- You can't use a RR on the same product you got it from. For example- this week if you buy the Right Guard Deodorant and a RR prints, you can't buy another Right Guard, use the RR, and have a new Register Reward print. You can however Use the Right Guard RR to buy the Pert Plus and vice versa. You could do multiple transactions with those 2 products and just swap RR's.

- Also, remember you have to have more products than manufacturer coupons, including Register Rewards. If you are buying Right Guard Deodorant and using a manufacturer coupon and a RR it won't let you unless you add a filler item (like a cheap pencil or piece of candy!)

-Here is what we have found is the best order to hand the cashier your coupons (if you have a different order that work better- let us know...) This way will allow for any possible overage! 1.Manufacturer Coupons, 2. IVCs (instant value coupons- from the booklet by the front doors), 3. Walgreens Ad Coupons, 4. Register Rewards


V-8 Fusion Juice 2/$6
Use the $2/1 IP
Final Price: $1.00 each


Colgate Sensitive Toothpaste $4.49
Buy 1 Earn a $4.49 RR
Use this $1/1 IP

Final Price: $3.39 OOP + $4.49 RR = MONEY MAKER!!

Right Guard Antiperspirant/Deodorant $2.99
Buy 1 Earn a $2 RR
Use the $1/1 from 4/19

Final Price: $1.99 OOP + $2 RR = MONEY MAKER!! (okay... it's only a penny- but still!)

Pert Plus Shampoo 13.5 oz. $2.50
Buy 2 and earn a $2 RR
Use the (possible) $1.50/1 from 5/3
Final Price: $2 OOP + $2 RR = FREE

Thermacare Heat Pads $5.99
Buy 1 Earn a $3 RR
Use this $3/1 IP
Final Price: $2.99 OOP + $3 RR= FREE


Spend $25 in selected P&G cleaning products and get a $6 RR back
Scenario:

Buy 3- Febreeze Noticeables starter kit $6.00 each
Use $4/1 from 5/3 (possibly)
Buy 4- Mr Clean Magic Erasers $2.50
Use B1G1 from 5/3 (possibly)
Earn a $6 RR
Final Price: $11.00 OOP + $6 RR = $5.00

Monthly Deals that are still good

Bayer Breeze or Contour Blood Glucose Meter $14.99--Buy 1, Earn a $5 RR
Use $30/1 coupon from 3/1 or 3/22 (coupon will need to be adjusted down)
Final Price: FREE plus $5 in overage!

Bayer Quick release Crystals $2.49-- Buy 1, Earn a $2.49 RR

Use the $1.50/1 from our coupon bar

Final Price: $.99 OOP + $2.49 RR = FREE Plus Overage!

Thanks to common sense with money for some help in compiling the list!

19 comments:

Grant and Christine said...

Coupon virgin here: Could you do some explaining? When you use an RR that is more than your purchase do they give you actual $ or some kind of gift certificate? If you buy two items at once will 2 RR's print? Do RR's expire? I clicked on an old link to a 101 page to understanding Walgreens and it didn't work. Thanks for the help!!

mrsmorris said...

Hi Stud-ettes (it's a compliment really),

Re: the Bayer coupon - it's for a 10 ct or larger pkg, and the Walgreens RR is for the 4 ct. The 10 ct pkg is $4.99 (ridiculous) and won't give you a RR.

Discount Queens said...

If you don't find the V-8 Frusion in stock at Walgreens, it's also on rollback at Walmart for $2.98, minus the $2/1 IP and it's .98. Hope that helps someone!

The Barkers said...

Joanie Demer-
I Got your comment.My computer is not allowing me to send an email to KCL. Any other ideas? If not,I will try again later.Just wanted to let you know! Thanks

AnotherThriftyMom said...

I wanted to share a good deal for the Oxy Skin Care:
4.99 - BOGO - 1.00 (5/3 SS using 2 of these)= 2.99 for 2! That's a thrifty deal!

The Hendricks ID said...

Oh hey Christine how are you this is Lindsay. To answer your question, you can't get change back or something so you just need to use your RR for up to the purchase amount not including tax. Also they do have an exiration date so you need to watch those usually like 1.5 weeks so you don't want to collect too many roll them from one product to another or the next week use them on things you'll get register reward again so you sort of extend the dates by buying the next weeks products that have RR. You have to sort of get to know your walgreens because my two local ones say different things but you should be able to use the amount of coupons or register rewards as products, you cant use a RR on the same thing you bought it from like Nivea bath scrub on another Nivea bathscrub. So if you are using a coupon on something and want to also use a RR you need to also buy the cheapest thing you can finf or anything else you want that you dopn't have a coupon for. I think I am not a good explainer so if you don't understand hopefully someone with different wording will answer you. :)

miriama said...

I keep hearing about people getting $3 RR from the thermacare. I used the $3 off and got a $2 RR. Still not a bad deal but it makes me curious...

Gel said...

The Thermacare and Pert deal is not in my local ad. Is it just not available in my area or will the RR still work? Thanks!

Rick said...

Thermacare does not show a RR returned either in the ad or at the store in TF, so I did not try it today. The glucose meter didn't show any RR's available either today though they did yesterday.

I still have my coupons and would use it on the Thermacare if RR's are available. Otherwise, no.

I didn't want to take the time to ring one up, pay for it, and gamble on it printing. Maybe later when there are no lines and I have some time.

The cashier told me about a woman in TF who, after her purchase(s), left with $5.00 more than all the products rang up for. I am guessing with coupons and RR's and the right combination of items. The cashier seemed impressed and did not seem to mind that people are finding ways to maximize savings.

Mallory said...

I just went to the Walgreens on Overland in Boise. I purchased the Thermacare pads, used my coupons and didn't get a RR. I was told that I have to buy Advil and the Thermacare pads to get the RR. I didn't want to make a fuss, so I will return the item at a later date. Also, the Right Guard deoderant didn't print a RR. And the Head and Shoulders wasn't 2.50 as stated above. Has anyone else had these problems? Did anyone check out the RR deals before they posted on this blog?

Joanna said...

The Right Guard worked for me at the Eagle Road/Ustick store.

Rick said...

Mallory,

In TF I got RR's on my Colgate purchases (2 @ $4.50), my Pert ($2.00), and my Right Guard (3 @ $2.00). I had coupons for everything and needed a couple of fillers to get the RR's I used to be accepted.

Kristalyn said...

Do you know if I have a coupon for 50 cents off the Magic Eraser, if I can use that along with the BOGO?

Thanks for all of your research!

cmc said...

kristalyn-Yes you can use your .50 coupon along with your bogof magic eraser coupon.-FYI- While buying the colgate and right guard the first purchase netted a rr. The 2nd purchase at another store didn't. No coupons were used either. What a bummer. Also when doing mail in rebates remember the .42 stamp dips into our profits.

Bargain Hound said...

Hi! I got 10 of the Mr. Clean erasers and they came out to 65¢ per box. They were 2/$5, I had B1G1 coupons in Sunday's paper, and then $6 RR's with a $25 purchase. Comes out to 65¢ ea!

I also got 30 Bounty paper towels for 27¢ each - after RR's I paid $1.74 OOP! (Posted on my blog!)

MARIE said...

I went to Walgreens for the first time today to try and score some of these hot buys. (St. George) They had been cleaned out of EVERY single item I went there for... Colgate, Listerine, Right Guard, Magic Erasers, and Huggies. I talked to the worker and she said that the coupon queens come and clean them out every Monday morning (before the sun comes up). Hm! Looks like I'm going to have to get serious if I want to catch some of these screamin' deals.

Annie said...

just a beginner...my v8 coupon printed out $1 off 1? Did they run out of $2 off 1? Or did I misunderstand the 2/1? :)

emcassoni said...

Hello all, Newbie here! Just got back from Walgreens. Here is what I got. 12 airfreshners at 6cents/1 (orange tag clearance), the right guard on sale also used the 1.00 off coupon on it from my newspaper, the dawn dish soap 99cents, spray starch 99cents, my free 8x10 photo for mothers day promo (today only), the colgate toothpaste free (4.50 RR). And the kids got popsicles for 2.00 not on sale. Paid total 5.20 for all of it! I love my Walgreens and they dont mind at all when I make multiple purchases, i think they have gotten used to me there! Thanks KCL for making it a bit easier on what to combine to get things for less, i have been looking at all the things you posted and would not have thought of half of them! Thanks for reminding me what is in MY coupon book! :)

Mallory said...

I went to the Walgreens on Overland and Orchard tonight. I went straight to the clearance end cap and "struck gold". There were about 15 Bic Soliel razors and 5 or 6 4 pack cartridges marked down to $1.79. I used a $2/1 disposable Bic Q, for the razor.

I used the buy a razor, get a 4 pack of cartridges free coupon. But insead of getting the 4 packs that were marked down, I got the regular priced 4 packs. They are improved with a 4th blade. Those were $7.49 that I got for free.

There were some packages of the Schick Quattro with one razor and 2 cartridges AND a bonus Arm band that hold an MP3 player! Those were marked down to $2.49. I used a $1/1 Schick peelie.

I strolled down the household cleaner isle and saw that Air Wick Luminaire was marked down to $4.99 from $9.99. I used a $4/1 coupon.

I had a very good shopping night, so I am very happy. There were several razors and Luminaires left, so I'd grab em if I were you!