Saturday, May 30, 2009

Walgreens 5/31-6/6

- You can't use a RR on the same product you got it from. For example- this week if you buy the Bic Soleil Disposable Razor and a RR prints, you can't buy another Bic Razor, use the RR, and have a new Register Reward print. You can however Use the BIC RR to buy the Ban Deodorant. You could do multiple transactions with those 2 products and just swap RR's.

- Also, remember you have to have more products than manufacturer coupons, including Register Rewards. If you are buying Ban Deodorant and using a manufacturer coupon and a RR it won't let you unless you add a "filler" item (like a cheap pencil or piece of candy or a Sunday newspaper!)

-Here is what we have found is the best order to hand the cashier your coupons (if you have a different order that work better- let us know...) This way will allow for any possible overage! 1.Manufacturer Coupons,
2. Walgreen's Ad Coupons, 3. Register Rewards




Krazy In Ad Coupon Deals


Chinet Plates 2/$3

Use the $1/1 from 5/3
Final Price: $0.50

Hawaiian Tropic Tanning Oil $4.99
Use the $2/1 IP
Final Price: $2.99

One a Day Vitamins 100ct $9.79 (Save $4 Instantly at checkout)
Use the $2/1 from 4/19
Final Price: $3.79

Country Time Lemonade Mix $1.99
Use the $1.50/2 IP
Final Price: $1.24

Aquafresh Toothpaste .99¢w/in-ad coupon
Use the $1/1 IP
Final Price: $.24


Register Reward Deals

Ecotrin $2
Buy 1, earn a $2 Register Reward
Use the $2/1 from 5/17
Or Use this $2.25/1IP
or this $2/1 IP
Final Price: FREE plus $2 in overage after coupon and RR

Bayer Contour or Breeze2 $10
Buy 1, Earn a $10 Register Reward
Use (up to) $30/1 coupon from 3/1 and 3/22
Final Price: FREE plus $10 in overage after coupon and RR

Bic Soleil Disposable Razor $4.99,
Buy 1, Earn a $1 Register Reward
Use $3/1 from 5/17
Final Price: $0.99 per pack after coupon and RR

Ban deodorant 2/$3,
Buy 2, Earn a $1 RR
Use $0.75/1 from 4/5 SS insert
Final Price: $0.25 each after coupons and RR

Kerasal One Step Exfoliating Moisturizer Therapy $7.99
Buy 1, Earn a $5 Register Reward
Use the $1/1 IP (page 8)
Final Price: $1.99 after coupon and RR

Tresemme hair care products for 3 for $12
Buy 3, Earn a $5 Register Reward
Use the $1/1 IP
Final Price: $4/3 after coupons and RR

What does everyone use for "Filler" Items?? I try to find something on clearance, like yesterday I found a box of Kleenex on clearance for $.55 and used that, also their potting soil in on sale for $.99 and we need that, so that would be a good filler. If you need inserts from the paper, consider buying a copy of the Sunday Paper. What does everyone else do?

19 comments:

Crystal Ashton said...

I use the Walgreens brand travel size kleenex packages as my filler items. They are usually around 39 cents and with my three little kids I can always use those for my purse.

Rosie said...

single carmels are my (and my husband's!) favorite to use. I don't like carmel really, so he gets to eat them all. =)

Tia said...

I always buy the little carmels by the register they are .33 each and they are so good.

AnotherThriftyMom said...

I also usually find stuff on clearance. Like a dog rawhide bone for .50 or today I got a package of post-its for .25! I try to find stuff that I can still use, but every once in awhile if I'm in a hurry I will just grab a piece of candy!

Amber Schmidt said...

I love the clearance for filler... last week's filler was clearance tampons! Dual purpose... filler and useful!

My FAVORITE cheapest filler item though... RAMEN NOODLES! My kids love em and they are only 18-24 cents depending on your store! Another good idea that someone on a forum gave me was photo prints. 4x6 are 19 c a piece. If you plan well enough you can pick up a few prints each week with your orders!

Other things I have used:
travel wags brand kleenex - 39 c
Super Glue tubes - 49 c
after easter candy - 19 c
pencils- 10-20 c

Its All Good Ya'll said...

Often in the seasonal items they have pencils for 10-25 cents, or the caramels.

tifferbob said...

I used the Walgreens brand breathe drops for 15 cents from the clearance section the last time I went in.

Sara said...

You all are genius. Thanks!

Cody and Jessie said...

I like to get little crystal lite singles for .50 cents. It's something I really like and can always use more of.

Sarah said...

I found some hair bands for my daughter on clearance-- a pack of 6 for 20 cents!

Jefferey and Victoria said...

I have checked with a few Wags today and some of the things I needed were already gone by noon. This is the second time I have tried making any purchases here, and I have struck out both times. Am I just timing things wrong??

CheepCheepDates said...

I almost bought Chinet at King Soopers, so glad I didn't. On my way to Walgreens.

I always get gum for filler. They usually beat anyone's price on gum.

Amanda said...

I just wanted to let you know that the olives coupon link is invalid. I don't think they are offering that IP coupon anymore.

Joanie Demer said...

Thanks Amanda! I deleted that olive link.

saragillman said...

when they have them, i always use the .14 clearance seeds...hey...cheap AND you get to grow cool stuff!!

Emilee Wolters said...

I just wanted to let you know, at my Walgreens (Overland/Meridain) they had the Revlon hairdryers on sale for $12.99 plus you still got your $10 RR! I had been waiting to buy one for awhile and I think I got a steal of a deal!

Annie said...

I have been googling for a recent copy of the Walgreen's coupon policy, and came across a KCL link that was broken, here.. http://krazycouponlady.blogspot.com/2009/03/walgreens-coupon-poilcy-info.html
Do you have a copy anywhere? All of the ones I have found are at least 2 yrs old. Thanks!

Ashley said...

I just wanted to share that I went in on Sunday and the $12.99 hairdryers were all gone (so I thought!) So, I was over in the area and decided to see if they had gotten anymore in stock. I asked a lady and she showed me an end cap display that had a few of the pink hairdryers and straighteners! They weren’t even marked at the $12.99 price but the hairdryer rang up as $12.99 and printed the $10 RR! What makes it even better is that I got a bottle of the Ecotrin (it is $2 and get $2 RR) and used a $2 coupon. So my total oop was $12.99 and I got $12 RR back! Yay, $0.99 hairdryer!
Just thought that I would share in case someone else’s store might have more on an end cap display!

Gel said...

I can't get either of the Ecotrin coupons to work. One says print limit is reached and one just won't work at all. :( I am a little slow on the draw this week. At least I had a couple from the paper. Such a good money maker!!