Wednesday, June 17, 2009

Walgreen's FAQs

Q. What is a Register Reward?
A:
A Register Reward, often called RR, is a coupon that prints after you make a qualifying purchase. It is typically good for "X" amount off of your next transaction.

Q. Can I use a Register Reward and a Manufacturer Coupon when buying 1 item?
A.
At Walgreen's the Register counts the Register Reward as a manufacturer coupon. Their system will not allow you to have more coupons than items, so you will need to add a "filler" item. Look for a clearanced item, pack of gum, individual caramel or Sunday newspaper to use as a filler item.


Q: Will more than one register reward print out on the same transaction (buy 2 different products that each have a register reward)?

A: If you buy two (or more) DIFFERENT register reward items in one transaction, one reward will print for each different product that you have. However, if you buy two of the SAME item, only one RR will print. So, if you are wanting to buy 2 of the Same product to trigger a RR, do separate transactions!

Q. Can I use the RR that I received from item "X" to buy another item "X"
A:
This is known as "rolling" Catalina's and can not be done, if you want another Register Reward to print. To best way to get around this, and keep your out of pocket expense low, is to find 2 products that trigger the same value Register Reward and alternate buying those items in separate transaction, paying for the 2nd transaction with the first register reward, and so forth.


12 comments:

Freddie Dawn said...

I just wanted to tell you that if you a RR to purchase another item that would produce a RR, you will not get a second RR. So, you may want to do two seperate purchases, and save the two RR for other purchases.

cjphoto2 said...

Only if the items are the same. I've been able to buy items with an RR and produce an RR as long as the items weren't the same.

Heather Wheeler said...

Freddie Dawn- Unless Wags changed their policy this week, you can purchase Item #1 and get a RR - and then turn around and buy Item #2 that doesn't correlate with Item 1 and it will give you a new RR. It just can't be 2 of the same items, or same Register Reward promo.
You can't pay for the same RR that you are going to earn. I hope this makes sense...

Bonnie said...

freddie- I think you might be having a different problem. As kcl says as long as the rr you are using to pay with isn't from the same item (or same company)as the item you are buying, it should work. I have used rr and recieved rr in the same transaction dozens of times. That's what makes it so much fun... you can use you rr from one week to get more free stuff the next, with no or little out of pocket cost. Happy shopping!

Amy said...

So I have 3 of the John Freida $5 RR's. I will not be getting more of this product. Can I use all 3 of them together in one transaction? Assuming I get enough products so that I don't have too many "coupons". Thanks!

Amber Red said...

so walgreens also has there .99 reach floss and tooth brush. do any of you know why the 1.00 off coupon won't work? I assume it is because the price is less than the coupon, but have you run into this and what did you tell them?

Suzette said...

I had a new issue at Walgreens today. I am know that I can't have more coupons and RR's than I do items. However, today I bought 8 jars of Ragu pasta sauce and had 4 coupons. Each was coupon was $1 off 2 jars. I tried to use a register reward to pay. It beeped. Even though I only had 4 coupons it was for 8 items.

Tiffanie said...

I ran across the same problem with the jello deal last week. I had a $1 off 3 jellos so I thought that I could use my RR's to pay for them without worry about the over coupon limit. I was told that becuase the coupon stated "off of 3" items it counted as three coupons rather than just one.I wondered if that was really the case at the time, but it looks like it might be since you seemed to have the same problem. Any one else have thoughts on this?

andrea.roche said...

Tiffanie -
It really depends on your store when it comes to Walgreens. I've seen different managers accept different things.

Mama Allen said...

At my Walgreen's they will not alow you to use more than 1 coupon per item. This includes Manufactured with a store coupon. I will not go there for this reason. Any ideas or do I just skip the store??? Thank you.

Emilee said...
This comment has been removed by the author.
Emilee said...

My Walgreens today would only take one RR per transaction. I was not over the coupon limit. The cahsier informed me they will only accept one RR per transaction. She would not even scan a second one. I called Walgreens and the customer service rep said it was Walgreen's policy. Has anyone else heard of this before? Walgreens has always taken multiple RR in a single transaction as long as I am adding filler items and not exceeding my total. Is this a new policy or a grumpy manager? Any suggestions?