Friday, June 26, 2009

Walmart -- it's all about the $0.52 mustard!

I've got ketchup stocked to the rafters, but last night when my husband was making his own dinner {corn dogs- that's right I didn't cook, I'll withdraw my name from homemaker of the year} I realized I was out of mustard! Shame on me! Luckily Darlene sent me some more Krazy Coupon Gossip just in time! For more of Darlene's price recon at Walmart check out Coupon Gossip!
I've been checking back at Target for over a week now because they has French's mustard for cheap ($1.27)! I'll I've found is an empty shelf with a few dust bunnies. I was totally aced out of that deal. Well, no more! Walmart at to the rescue! Here's what I found:

French's yellow mustard 20 oz $1.27
$0.50/1 from SS 3/29
$0.50/1 from SS 5/10 (any kind)
$0.50/1 from SS 6/21
$0.75/1 from SS 5/10
Final Price: $0.52 or $0.77

French's brown mustard 18 oz. $1.27
$0.75/1 MQ SS 3/29
$0.75/1 MQ SS 5/10 (any kind)
Final Price: $0.52

Here's the deal. Walmart put out an ad yesterday with a price for French's mustard at $1.28 each starting 6/28. The ad says this is a roll back price. O-kay then! If you wait until the "sale" starts this weekend you can pay $0.01 more per bottle. Yep! I get it (not)!

4 comments:

Texas Coupon Cutie said...

Kinda off subject but how is it that the stores can change their price all the time calling it "price cut" or "roll back" even when the increase the price?!?! Makes no sense! Target had Glade Oil Tins for $1.67 last week and said "price cut". Today they were $2.99 "price cut"...um no price increase! UGH....

Heather said...

At our Target here in Orem, UT it is only $1.17...or at least it was last week! I got the BEST mustard deal!

Taresa said...

Joanie-
My sister saw your comment on the soy milk and gave me some coupons you can have if you still want them! They are $1.00 off any one 64oz carton of 8th continent soy milk! They expire 6/31/09 I have 6 of them! If you want them email me or comment on my blog and we can meet up somewhere! no trade needed you can just have them!

l said...

At my Target(bellingham,wa) the Frenches mustards have a buy this get a spicy/honey mustard for free!