Prices will vary this week, but you still should be able to get some good deals.
Kashi Coupons from Target HERE
stack those coupons with some of these manufacturer coupons:
$1.50/1 Kashi Cereal HERE
$1.50/1 Kashi soft-baked cereal bars HERE
I'm including a layered dip recipe with olives.
Kashi GOLEAN Crunch, Pineapple Upside-Down Pancakes 2 cups Kashi® GOLEAN Crunch!® cereal, crushed slightly
1 cup whole wheat flour
½ cup quick-cooking oats
1 teaspoon baking soda
½ teaspoon nutmeg (optional)
1½ cups low fat organic buttermilk
2 Tablespoons pure maple syrup
2 Tablespoons expeller-pressed canola oil
¼ cup pineapple juice (use juice saved from crushed pineapple below)
2 large free-range eggs (or egg substitute)
1 – 8 oz. can crushed organic pineapple (no sugar added), drained (save juice for above)
Sliced organic bananas, organic nonfat vanilla yogurt, pure maple syrup
- In a large mixing bowl, add the first 5, dry ingredients together. In a separate mixing bowl, whisk together the next 5 ingredients. Set crushed pineapple aside.
- Fold the wet mixture into the dry mixture until combined. Refrigerate batter for at least one hour so the ingredients combine completely and batter thickens (you can also refrigerate the batter overnight).
- Coat griddle or large skillet with non-stick spray and heat pan over medium heat.
- Scoop about ¼ cup of pancake batter onto heated pan, leaving enough room between pancakes to allow them to spread. Drop a heaping tablespoon of crushed pineapple in the middle of each pancake and cook for about 45 seconds, or until tops of pancakes bubble and edges begin to firm up.
- Carefully turn the pancakes over and continue to cook for an additional minute or until golden brown.
- Serve with pineapple side up, topping each pancake with a dollop of yogurt, fruit slices and a drizzle of maple syrup.
Serving Size: 2 pancakes (90g), Calories 150, Calories from Fat 40, Total Fat 4.5g, Saturated Fat 0.5g, Cholesterol 30mg, Sodium 180mg, Total Carbohydrate 23g, Dietary Fiber 4g, Sugars 7g, Protein 6g, Vitamin A 0%, Vitamin C 2%, Calcium 6%, Iron 8%
Warm 6-Layer Ranchero Dip with Kashi TLC Crackers
1 - 16 oz. can fat-free style refried beans
2 tablespoons chili powder
1 cup low fat organic ricotta cheese
1 cup low fat organic cheddar cheese, shredded
1 cup low fat organic jack cheese, shredded
1 - 6 oz. can sliced, pitted black olives
1 - 15 oz. can organic
1 - 14.5 oz. can organic diced tomatoes, drained
½ cup organic green onions, diced
½ cup fresh cilantro, chopped
For serving, 1 box Kashi® TLC™ Cracker of your choice
- Mix pinto beans, refried beans, 2 oz of the green chilies and chili powder together in a large bowl and spread evenly over the bottom of a glass 8x8-inch square cake pan or 10-inch quiche dish.
- Mix ricotta, cheddar and jack cheeses together and spread half of this mixture over the layer of beans. Put the other half of the cheese mi xture aside.
- Sprinkle cheese layer with sliced black olives, then with corn. Spread second half of cheese mixture over corn layer.
- Place pan in 350-degree oven for 20 minutes, or until hot throughout and the cheese is melted. Remove from oven and sprinkle with diced tomatoes and remaining 2 oz of green chilies. Top with green onions and cilantro and serve with your favorite variety of Kashi® TLC® – Tasty Little Crackers!
Serving Size about ½ cup, Calories 130, Calories from Fat 30, Total Fat 3g, Saturated Fat 1.5g, Cholesterol 10mg, Sodium 370mg, Total Carbohydrate 16g, Dietary Fiber 5g, Sugars 3g, Protein 9g, Vitamin A 2%, Vitamin C 4%, Calcium 2%, Iron 8%.
Variation of classic rice crispy treat recipe, with roasted whole peanuts and Kashi’s puffed whole grains instead of rice crispies. This version is chewier, less crispy.
Butter OR line with parchment 9″ x 13″ pan.
Melt in a saucepan over medium heat until stirred smooth:
1 10 ounce bag of marshmellows (smaller ones melt faster but you can use either large or small)
4 tablespoons butter
Variations: once you take off heat, you can also add one of these
For peanut butter treats: 1/2 cup peanut butter
For German chocolate: 1/2 cup coconut flakes, 1 cup chopped pecan pieces, 4 tablespoons of cocoa powder
Add melted stuff to bowl with pre-measured:
6 cups of Kashi 7 Whole Grain Puffs
1 cup whole peanuts (you can add whatever your tastebuds fancy in addition or instead of this: chocolate chips, white chocolate chips, dried cranberries, etc…)
Mix until dry stuff is coated, press into pan (I flatten with a spatula, pressing down lightly). Cool, cut, serve and enjoy! Thanks DarleneLee
STRAWBERRY BANANA KASHI MUFFINS
1/2 cup Kashi Golean Crunch Cereal
1/2 cup Splenda no calorie sweetener
1/2 tsp baking soda
1/2 tsp baking powder
1/4 tsp sea salt
1 large banana
1 cup strawberries
2 tablespoons applesauce
1/2 cup whole milk
¼ cup eggbeaters
1 teaspoon vanilla extract
1 teaspoon ground cinnamon
Combine the first 6 ingredients and mix well.
Combine the rest of the ingredients in another bowl. Stir in the dry ingredients just until moistened. Spray a 12 muffin pan with nonstick cooking spray and evenly distribute the mixture.
Bake for 15 to 20 minutes or until tops are golden and toothpick inserted in center of muffin comes out clean. Each muffin has approximately 65 calories. Thanks Ripsy!