Monday, July 20, 2009

Krazy in the Kitchen: Peanut Butter- Yum!!

Today's recipes featuring Peanut Butter are a collection of our down-home, tried and true favorite peanut butter classics! I come from a Peanut Butter-Lovin family (my Dad puts PB on EVERYTHING!) These recipes are all tested and perfected by my sister, my Mom and my Grandma! I hope you enjoy them as we have!
KCLs scored some Cheap Skippy Naturals Peanut butter last week at Safeway & the previous week at Albertsons! Hope you stocked up!


SCOTCH O ROOS

Bring to a boil: 2 c sugar
2 c white Karo
Boil for 1 minute.

Add: 2 c peanut butter
Mix in: 6 c Rice Krispies
Press into a 16 x 11 inch (with ½ “ edge) baking sheet

Melt in microwave: 1 12 oz package milk chocolate chips
1 12 oz package butterscotch chips
Pour over Rice Krispies mix.
Spread melted chips with spatula.
Let set until melted chips are firm.
thanks Grandma, Louise Smith!
TRIPLE TREAT TORTE

INGREDIENTS
1/2 cup cold butter
1 cup all-purpose flour
2/3 cup finely chopped dry roasted peanuts

FILLING:
1 cup confectioners' sugar
1 package (8 ounces) cream cheese, softened
1/2 cup creamy peanut butter
1 carton (8 ounces) frozen whipped topping, thawed, divided

TOPPING:
2-3/4 cups cold milk
1 package (3.9 ounces) instant chocolate pudding mix
1 package (3.4 ounces) instant vanilla pudding mix
Grated semisweet chocolate, optional

Directions:
In a small bowl, cut butter into flour until crumbly; stir in the peanuts. Press onto the bottom of a greased 13-in. x 9-in. baking dish. Bake at 350° for 16-20 minutes or until golden brown. Cool completely on a wire rack.
For filling, in a large bowl, beat the sugar, cream cheese and peanut butter until smooth. Fold in 1 cup whipped topping. Spread over crust.
For topping, in another bowl, whisk milk and pudding mixes for 2 minutes. Let stand for 2 minutes or until soft-set. Spread over filling. Top with remaining whipped topping. Sprinkle with chocolate if desired. Cover and refrigerate 4 hours or overnight. Yield: 20-24 servings.
thanks to my Sister, Julia Dunbar!

BEST PEANUT BUTTER COOKIES

1 c butter, softened
1 c butter flavored shortening
2 c sugar
2 c brown sugar, packed
4 eggs
3 c creamy peanut butter
2 t vanilla
5 c flour
2 t baking soda
1 t salt

Cream the butter, butter flavored shortening, and sugars. Add eggs and blend. Add peanut butter and vanilla. Add dry ingredients and stir until well blended.
Measure out tablespoons of dough and roll into balls. Place 3 inches apart on lightly greased cookie sheets. Make criss-cross pattern with fork.
Bake in pre-heated oven at 375 degrees 8 – 10 minutes until set, but not hard. Do not overbake. Leave on sheets for 2 minutes before removing. Cool, and store in covered container.
thanks to my Mom, Ruth Dunbar!


PEANUT BUTTER BANANA SANDWICH

Well, this one doesn't really require directions or ingredients. But then again, there are directions on the box of Pop-Tarts, so I guess I can give directions here:

Two pieces of Bread
Peanut Butter
Sliced Banana

To Grill or Not to Grill? That will be your question. I prefer un-grilled, but if you're feeling fancy, butter your bread and slap it on the griddle or even panini-maker!
This one is my favorite!


From No-bakes to homemade Reeses and even some peanut butter entrees there are so many recipes I couldn't include. You must have some favorite PB recipes! Please feel free to share!

8 comments:

Lydia Story said...

Oh how fun! I remember having those rice crispy bars when I was little! Thanks for the recipe!

Robbie Chandler Family said...

OHHH please share some more recipes!!! I want them all!!! WE all have a ton!! of peanut butter!!! PlEASE PLEASE PLEASE

My 3 girly girls said...

YUM, thanks so much for sharing! Peanut butter is a FAV at our house! I purchased 6 cases of it at the Smith's caselot sale, lol. I would love to see more recipes!!!!
Thanks a bunch!
Jennifer
www.bowdaciousbaby.com

Karilyn said...

We love the scotcho-roos, we make them with any plain cereal--cheerios, chex, whatever we have around--so yummy

JT42 said...

oh i could so use the recipe for homemade reeses...sounds so good right now!!
share away-if you're willing!

Julie said...

This recipe was in a local newspaper years ago. They're yummy and super easy!

3-ingredient Peanut Butter Cookies

1 cup peanut butter
1 egg
1 cup white or brown sugar

Mix peanut butter, sugar and egg together until well mixed. Roll into balls, place on cookie sheet and flatten with fork. Bake at 350 degrees for 10-15 minutes.

Michael N said...

My Grammy used to make the Scotch O Roos when I was living with her in the 7th grade only she used Special K cereal . I am going to have to pay full price for some butterscotch chips now . YUUUUUMM!!

Terry said...

I have two really good savory recipes - just need to find them for you all - spicy peanut noodles and a West African groundnut soup. I LOVE peanut butter, I didnt get in on this deal - was it with Safeway? No safeway here. I'll share the recipes when I find them later. I love recipe swapping.