Thursday, August 27, 2009

Krazy in the Kitchen: Best Bacon Recipes!

We've been stockpiling bacon this week! For those of you with stores selling Smithfield bacon, there is a HOT $3.00/1 printable coupon.

For those in states where Smithfield isn't stocked, check out Walmart's Hormel bacon. Watch for $3.00 off peelies!

Hormel Pre-cooked microwave bacon $4.98
$3.00/1 peelie coupon
Final Price: $1.98
Smithfield Bacon on sale $3 at Safeway
Use $3.00/1 coupon (sign up at the top of the screen you will be able to print off this coupon twice per computer)
Final Price: FREE

My husband eats bacon by the pound, but I don't care for bacon plain. I love to cook with it! My favorite bacon recipes are Broccoli salad and Quiche. And I'm really excited to try bacon wrapped pineapple on the grill! Check out my Broccoli salad and Quiche recipes and then a couple other great recipes I found on the web!

BROCCOLI SALAD

1 bunch (about 4 stalks) broccoli, cut up
2 small boxes ( ½ cup) raisins
8 slices cooked, crisp bacon, crumbled
1/3 of a large red onion, chopped
1 cup shredded purple cabbage
1/3 cup sunflower seeds

Toss with a dressing of:
1 cup mayonnaise
2 Tablespoons sugar
1 teaspoon vinegar




QUICHE

Pie crust, unbaked
10 slices cooked bacon
(better make 11 so you can eat one)
1 cup chopped onion
1 t salt (maybe try ¾ t)
1/8 t pepper
1 T parsley flakes
1 T flour
2 eggs, beaten
1 cup half & half
2 cups grated Swiss cheese

Mix. Pour into pie crust. Bake at 425 degrees for 15 minutes, then at 300 degrees for 30 minutes. Let stand 10 minutes before serving.


BACON WRAPPED CHICKEN

12 boneless skinless chicken breast halves
2 (8 ounce) cartons chive & onion cream cheese
2 tablespoons butter
salt
12 slices bacon


Flatten chicken to 1/2" thickness. Spread 3 tablespoons cream cheese over each chicken piece. Dot with butter and sprinkle with salt; roll up. Wrap each with a bacon strip. Place, seam side down, in a greased pan.
Bake, uncovered, at 400F for 35-40 minutes or until juices run clear. Broil 6 inches from the heat for 5 minutes or until bacon is crisp.
If you are making these ahead for future use, freeze these uncooked on a cookie sheet in your freezer. When solid, wrap and put in a ziplock bag or vacuum seal desired quantities. To cook from frozen state, thaw before cooking and follow directions above.
thanks RecipeZaar!

BACON-WRAPPED PINEAPPLE

1 pineapple, peeled, cored and cut into half-inch chunks, about 40 chunks
1 pound sliced lean bacon, about 20 slices

Pre-heat the oven to 425°F, or start the BBQ!

Cut bacon strips in half making 2 equal size pieces, about 4 inches each. Wrap each half-strip of bacon around a pineapple chunk, pierce it with a toothpick and place on a baking sheet. Bake until the bacon is crispy, about 15-20 minutes. You can also put these on the grill! Thanks RachelRay!




12 comments:

The Barkers said...

I have a friend who gave me the broccoli salad recipe... it sounded like something that may be a little weird... but it is so yummy! Just for those of you who are on the fence about it:) I love to make poppers.

Cut the ends off jalapeno. Cut in half.Clean.( I don't like things super spicy so I really clean the inside out) I fill with cream cheese,wrap with a half peice of bacon. Cook until bacon done. Super easy and super yummy!

Spencer said...

Has anyone found the Smithfield bacon in Utah?

andrea.roche said...

Is heather on vacation or something? :)


And as for your bacon...eat beef.

Dawn said...

grilled bacon wrapped asparagus also very tasty!

The Elders said...

I have a question regarding the Herbel Essence deal at Target. I went to the one off Eagle and Chinden and they would not do it saying that they couldn't take two coupons on the same product. I explained fully how its supposed to work and they still would not do it. Any suggestions?

Brandon said...

Thank you for the Bacon Wrapped Chicken Recipe! I made it tonight and it was Absolutely DELICIOUS! :)

Joanie Demer said...

Elders,
I suggest calling Target guest relations about it. They'll have to straighten out your store.

Sorry you had trouble. Wish I was surprised! :)

THE GIFFORDS said...

All the recipes sound yummy!

We make Bacon wrapped Dates. Take a pitted date put a small spoonful of cream cheese on it. Then wrap a piece of bacon around it. Usually I cut the bacon in half and it wraps perfectly around the date and cream cheese. Bake them at 350 degrees until bacon is done. There super yummy.

Natalie Z. said...

I can't find this bacon in Utah either. If someone knows where to get it, please let us Utahns know! Thanks!

Tales From the Land of Motherhood said...

Oh..... we so love baaon at this house!! I can't keep it in the house. I love the broccoli salad, very yummy!! Thanks for sharing the other recipes, can't wait to try them!!

The Keevy Family said...

I was at my safeway today on Renton, WA and the Smithfield bacon was $4.99, not $3.00. I thought I would try the deal on Wish Bone too and they were priced at 99 cents, but there were no tags for free meat. Since I am so well stocked on salad dressing I decided to pass, even though they would have been only 25 cents after coupon.
Did I miss something on the bacon?

kaydensgracedesigns said...

In Idaho, the Smithfield bacon was $5.99 on sale at my Safeway, also there were coupons on the wishbone to receive $1 off meat BY MAIL.Also, our cerels weren't as cheap. The cheerios were only original and multi grain on sale and they were $2.50 each. Just an FYI for everyone in Idaho. It was still cheap dressing & cereal with the sale and worth it. The Safeway ecoupons are AWSOME! :0) Tabitha