Friday, August 7, 2009

My Rite Aid Trip

Sometimes I might get caught up in how many cheap groceries I can get at Albertsons that I forget Rite Aid actually pays me to take stuff out of their store! Oh how I love my rebates!

Here's a scenario I did today!

{BUY 1}
Crest Pro Health Toothpaste $2.79
Buy 1, Submit for $2.79 SCR (limit 1)
Use the $.75/1 from 8/2
Final Price: FREE Plus $0.75 Profit after coupon and SCR

{BUY 1} ReNu MultiPlus Solution $9.99
Buy 1, Submit for $9.99 SCR (limit 1)
$2/1 - ReNu - (bausch.com)
Final Price: FREE Plus $2.00 Profit after coupon and SCR

{BUY 1} Gillette Venus Razor $7.00
Buy 1, Submit for $5 SCR (limit 1)
Use the $2/1 from 8/2
Final Price: FREE after coupon and SCR

{Buy 1} Duck Brand EZ Start Frustration Free Tape 22.2 yards - $1.49
Buy 1 Submit for $1.49 SCR
Final Price: FREE after SCR

{Buy 1} Werther’s Original Caramel Chocolate, 5.2oz - $2.99
Buy 1 Submit for $2.99 SCR
$0.55 Werthers SS 4/26
Final Price: FREE Plus $0.55 Profit after coupon and SCR

{Buy 1} Soft White Longlife Light Bulbs 60,75 or 100 watt 2 pack - $2.00
Buy 1 Submit for $2.00 SCR
Final Price: FREE after SCR

Subtotal: $26.26
Use
this $5 off $25 Rite Aid Coupon
Pay $15.96 out of pocket plus tax
Final Price: MoneyMaker of $10.30

For all the Rebate Information go HERE

11 comments:

Madeline said...

When you say money maker, do you mean you actually get cash back, or is that money you don't actually see?

Living Green said...

What does SCR mean?

Joanie Demer said...

Madeline and Living Green,
SCR= Single Check Rebate.

You pay the amount stated as "out of pocket" and you submit one easy online rebate form (follow the link on the post or go to riteaid.rebateplus.com) If you shop Rite Aid every week, your rebates will all be held until the end of the month and rite aid will send you a check for cash!

Maven of Savin' said...

I totally LOVE Rite Aid - I did 3 transactions and made $23 PROFIT!!http://www.mavenofsavin.com/2009/08/rite-aid-my-trip-sunday.html

Becky said...

Joanie,

How long does it actually take to receive the rebate check after the end of the month? And is there anyway to verify what you were being paid for...to make sure you are getting everything you're supposed to?

Idaho Lucas Fam said...

I have had the worse luck at my rite aid in Meridian. It's dirty and they never, never have what I want in stock. I've also had trouble scanning the $5/$25 coupons. If the coupon won't scan, they will not take it. I've just decided to scrap it all together.

charlie54933 said...

we just moved from Texas to Oregon so I've been wanting to try Rite Aid, totally burned out on Walgreens. This is a great starter scenario and I'm going to copy it item for item! THANKS!!!

Joanie Demer said...

Becky,
I can't remember how long it takes to get the rebates, but I don't think long at all. They mail them once a month and i think they're on top of mailing them out at the first of the month.

Idaho Lucas Fam,
I'm sorry you've had bad luck with Rite Aid. There are lots of run down Rite Aid stores out there. I haven't heard great things about the future of the company. i think they're pretty much broke and might be on their way to extinction. But I'll happily go down with their sinking ship, making money and bringing home free stuff every month.

Everyone has to pick a few stores. You can't make it to every sale and cover every deal. You'd go nuts! I think everyone needs one drugstore where they know how to 'play the game'.

Madeline said...

I just started to get the hang of CVS, so maybe I need to venture into Rite Aid shopping, too!

Shanda said...

I love the Rite Aid easy rebates! I get so many things free after the rebate that are high priced items like the wart remover and the contact solution. I'd be very sad to see them go!!

Ann said...

I love rebates!!! It is so awesome to be able to get stuff for free + make money! T