Saturday, August 29, 2009

Restaurant.com 80% off- through Monday!

Hurry before this offer is over... They don't get cheaper than this!!
Enter Discount Code: TASTE at checkout
Offer Good through Aug 31st
Stock up NOW on $25 Gift Certificates for only $2!!

Restaurant.com Weekly Promo Offer 300 x 250
A little Restaurant.com info for newbies. Restaurants.com is a form of advertising for many restaurants looking for more customers. Restaurant owners sacrifice on their price margin but in return get new customers. On the restaurant.com website, you'll be asked to enter your zip code and it will pull up participating restaurants in your area. Then you will see a list of restaurants and a selection of gift card prices. A $25 gift card is regularly priced at $10 (so 80% off means you'll pay only $2). The only catch is there is a minimum purchase amount: clearly listed under the gift card prices. Usually the customer must have a total initial bill of $35. Then you pay with your $25 gift card and your total could be as low as $10 plus gratuity for a $35 meal. It's as simple as that. Don' be a skeptic! Once you pay for your gift card you may print it immediately from your computer- so you could dine for lunch or dinner today if you wish! They don't expire for a whole year

Go HERE to see the Local Restaurants we have Reviewed!

6 comments:

Mel said...

I bought one, it said with 35 dollar minimum purchase. But the coupon when printed said minimum 100 dollar purchase! It was a 50 dollar gift card that I bought, so beware!

Josh and Keana Callon said...

i just did this with a $100 restaurant.com giftcard I received awhile back. When I redeemed the $100 credit the system would only allow me to buy 4 $25 gift cards and never offered me a chance to put in the code. So i only ended up getting 4 gift cards for $100. I am going to see if I can return them, but I don't know. When I looked at it after I realized they have two different parts of the site for redeemed credits and actually buying a GC with a debit card. I am bummed out, but oh well. Hopefully it can get fixed.

The Barkers said...

With a 50$ gift card,the minimum would have to be more than 35$? Correct? You couldn't buy a 50$ gift card and only have a 35$ minimum...Once you click on 50$ it normally changes the amount you have to spend. So sad to hear problems. I love restaurant.com! Good luck Josh and Keana.

Tricia said...

Keana - I did the same thing a few weeks ago with a $25 credit I had. I waited to use it until the last 80% off sale to get more certificates with the same amount of money but it redeemed it without a place to put in the code!

I called restaurants.com customer service and they were very helpful and refunded it, BUT I found out - a credit is only good for the actual restaurant certificate amount, and is not the same as cash. So a $100 gift card will allow you to buy $100 worth of restaurant.com certificates, whether they are on sale or not. It isn't made to be used as cash where you could, for example, buy 50 $25 certificates @ $2/each on sale (=$100). Does that make sense? I could be wrong, but this is the way I understand it. Still a good deal, but a bummer when you had your hopes up for more!

I would call and have them refund the $100, so you can buy the restaurant certificates you want on sale right now. Then save the hundred in credits for when you really want to go out and there isn't a sale going on.

Josh and Keana Callon said...

thanks for the help Tricia. That totally made sense and part of me knew it was too good to be true to get 50 GC's for only 100 bucks. OH well. I still think $2 is a great deal. And all my fav. restaurants are doing the deal as well. =)

rattriffic said...

We love to eat out but the crunch on the budget can be too much sometimes, we were a little leery the first time so we bought one and then went and used it everything was legit so we turned around and bought 40 gift cards at the cost of one dinner out. I figured in a year we would for sure use up that many and we have actually already used like 1/2 of them! they work great its a fabulous deal and here is my suggestion for the high $$ ones like corinos spend $100 save $50 we have three people in my family so we order three entrees that come with unlimited soup and salad and bread sticks and that is what we have for dinner at the restaurant with our drinks and then we take our entrees home with us and I order three orders to go with soup cause its easier to keep then a salad and their italian chili is great when I get home I seal a meal all the dinners but one we usually eat that one the next night with a salad I make or veggies I mean the portions are crazy one entree easily fills three people ( 1 being a 10 year old) with a side and we end up with a nice dinner out, and 6 full dinners plus the soup for about 65.00 including the tip! and all i have to do is microwave:-)