Friday, September 4, 2009

KCL adopts for the Overseas Coupon Program!

You chose: US Air Force in Okinawa, Japan!

Did you know that overseas military members and their families can use expired coupons up to six months past their expiration? Families living in a far away country are often living on one income and money may be scarce. Let's support our military by showing them some coupon love! KCL's, we want to come together and pool our expired coupons to send to US military families in Japan!


How this is going to work:

One large KCL package will be shipped during the second week of each month. Most coupons expire at the end of the month, so this will give you one week to mail your expired coupons to our volunteer and President of all things expired and overseas, Andrea Roche.
HUGE thanks to Andrea, everybody!

Eligible Coupons:
  • Do NOT send coupons that are over 30 days expired.
  • Do NOT send store coupons.
  • ALL manufacturer coupons are eligible: printable, blinkies, peelies (if that's the way you roll), tear pads in addition to newspaper coupons-- they must be Manufacturer Coupons.
  • Coupons must be clipped
How do I send the Coupons?
  • Separate your clipped coupons into two categories: Food and Non-Food
    Most bases have 2 stores. One is called the “Commissary” which is a grocery store and the other is the PX or BX which is a department store. We therefore ask you to sort the coupons into “food” and “non-food” bundles so that they can more easily be placed in the correct venue once they arrive at the base.
  • Label the Bundles
    Try to use a baggie to separate your coupons instead of paper clips or rubber bands.

  • What's Food & Non-Food?
    Here's the rule of thumb: It's food if it can be eaten by humans, is usually eaten by humans, and is normally eaten to provide calories. For example, dog & cat food would be "Non-Food," but Ensure or Slim-Fast would be "Food." Vitamins would be non-food. Chewing Gum and Mints are food.
  • Tally an approximate total value
    Find your total for the coupons (both food and non-food totals combined). For BOGO offers, there is usually a max value, use this number. Totally is NOT required; don't let it keep you from donating.
  • Why total?
    So that the Overseas Coupon Program can keep track of which bases need more coupons!
  • Is there a minimum Donation?
    No! Please send any coupons you may have. We only ask that you mail them only once a month. It will just be easier business this way!
Send your coupons to:
KCL Overseas Coupon Program
c/o Andrea Roche
30865 Shelton Rd.
Parma, ID 83660


Under no circumstances should you show up at Andrea's house, stalk Andrea, TP her mail box or tip her cows. Thank you.

This is your mission, should you choose to accept it! Who's in?

If you have a group or would like to adopt your own military base, go to the Overseas Coupon Program and check it out!

10 comments:

Becky said...

I would love to help. I hate tossing out my expired coupons. I would for someone to use them instead of throwing them away. I have heard of this before, but I think a large group will be a lot better than one person trying to help.

Cynthia said...

WOW that is awsome if there is anyway i can help i will and would love to thanks alot :-)

Tracy said...

How Awesome!! My husband and I are currently stationed at this base!! Hopefully we will be able to benefit from the coupons you send!!!

YAY thank you for helping out the Military folks overseas!!!

Megan said...

That's awsome. Hopefully I can get my act together to get some to you. I just moved in with my mother in-law and coupon stuff is everywhere! Eeeek!

I was already planning on doing this and also to a place in Japan, because my father was stationed over there. I have a soft spot for people stationed there. :) Would love to help out.

KCL - Thanks for the info.

Maven of Savin' said...

TOO Funny - I just started that with my blog too and just shipped my 1st package of $3700 in coupons!!! It is such a wonderful thing!!

Matt and Erin said...
This comment has been removed by the author.
kaydensgracedesigns said...

Awesome! Thanks Andrea! If I must TP your house, I'll send my kids to clean it up, ha! J/K Sounds great, thanks ladies for helping out troops very cool! Tabitha

m&cloyfamilyblog said...

I'm so glad to hear of someone who is doing this. I had tried to contact overseas bases several months ago but got no responce so gave up. Now that I've got your address I am overjoyed that I can help in this way. I HATE throwing away coupons that someone else can use. You are a God's blessing to us.

Arica said...

I am so excited to have someone use my left over coupons. It is great that they are redeemable after the expiration date. I want to personally thank the military families for all their struggles and for keeping our country safe. Your bravery is greatly appreciated. This is only a small token that I can return for all your dedication, but it comes from the heart. I hope you save as much for your family as I do with mine using coupons.
Thanks again,
Arica

Tiana said...

I am so glad that there is something I can do to help the military! Amazing men and women sacrifice so much to help our country. Thanks for posting this!