Saturday, September 12, 2009

Last day for GM Cereal $0.38 or less at Target!

I'm headed out to do this deal and I wanted to make sure none of you were forgetting, or missed it when we posted a couple days ago!
Take your competitor ads to Target to have them PRICE MATCH!

Walgreens ad price $1.99
KMart ad price $1.88
Here's the low down:

Walgreens Ad has General Mills Cereals (11.5 to 14 oz) on sale for $1.99/box (limit 4)
Take the Wag's Ad to Target's Customer Service and let them know you need the price adjusted.
Once they adjust the price, Hand them
1. Manufacturer coupon
2. Target Store Coupon

Here's where it gets tricky. Some Targets will allow you to price match any cereal within the size restrictions listed on the Walgreen's ad. Other Target stores will only honor the price match for the cereals pictured in the ad. In this case: Cheerios, Cinnamon Toast Crunch, or Lucky Charms.

Lucky Charms Price Matched to $1.99
$1.00/2 (IE) – General Mills – (bricks.coupons.com)
$1.00/2 (FF) – General Mills – (bricks.coupons.com)
$1.00/1 - General Mills Cereal- TARGET ex.9/12 - (afullcup.com)
Final Price: $0.49

Cheerios Price Matched to $1.99
$1.00/2 - Cheerios, Multiple Varieties - (coupons.com)
$1.00/1 - General Mills Cereal- TARGET ex.9/12 - (afullcup.com)
Final Price: $0.49

Cinnamon Toast Crunch Price Matched to $1.99
$0.55/1 - Cinnamon Toast Crunch - (coupons.com)
$1.00/1 - General Mills Cereal- TARGET ex.9/12 - (afullcup.com)
Final Price: $0.44

Other Cereals to try:

Trix Price Matched to $1.99
$1.00/2 (IE) – General Mills – (bricks.coupons.com)
$1.00/2 (FF) – General Mills – (bricks.coupons.com)
$1.00/1 - General Mills Cereal- TARGET ex.9/12 - (afullcup.com)
Final Price: $0.49

Cocoa Puffs Price Matched to $1.99
$1.00/1 - Cocoa Puffs Cereal - (boxtops4education.com)
$1.00/1 - Cocoa Puffs Cereal - (pillsbury.com)
$1.00/1 - General Mills Cereal- TARGET ex.9/12 - (afullcup.com)
Final Price: FREE

Other coupons to use:
$1.00/2 - General Mills - (coupons.com)
$1.00/2 - General Mills - (boxtops4education.com)
$1.00/2 - General Mills - (pillsbury.com)

6 comments:

Rosie said...

if you're in Utah, price match it to your local AFS store... I price matched mine to the Maceys ad for $1.68 and got Lucky Charms for $0.20 a box, INCLUDING tax. =)

debt said...

I just did this today and the lady at Guest Services was so nice! No problems at all, she just asked for the ad and took the target coupon and manufacturer coupons. Everything scanned in and it took all of 5 minutes.

csjtobe said...

I went to target today to get this deal. The lady at guest service read the new policy and says since the walgreens ad says a limit of 4 that they are not able to do this for me. Since it says a limit on the ad. I thought this was bizarre since no one else has had a problem. Tell me what you think.
Thank you

smiling_mama said...

I did this deal yesterday at the Nampa Target. The Customer Service lady was very nice and did 10 cereal transactions. I didn't even notice there was a limit. OOPS. I got a bunch of stuff. Check out my blog here: http://smilingmamaof2.blogspot.com/2009/09/my-trip-to-target-this-morning.html

Joanie Demer said...

I used the KMart and Walgreens ad, so I didn't have a problem. I overlooked the limit 4. My suggestion if you're going tonight, just take both ads with you.

Are your stores limiting you to Cheerios, Cinnamon Toast Crunch and Lucky Charms? I bought some Yogurt Cheerios that were priced at $2.97 and I lost track of my huge order and when I got home realized they price matched that box as well (I was planning to pay $2.97 minus $1.00/1 and $1.00/2). I know the matching policy says the ad must be an exact match. The size of the box matched the size range, so I guess that's all my store looked at.

I'm guessing most of you were limited to just the cereals pictured? I bought lots of Cheerios and some Lucky Charms and Cinnamon Toast crunch. Makes for a happy husband!

Tracy said...

Had a rough time with this at a Kansas City Target store. Customer service was very negative - did not want to price match. Then she stated THREE times that Target was NOT here to sell cereal for nine cents a box. (I wish, I paid $.49) I let her know her comments were degrading and penalized customers for following Target's own policy!