Tuesday, September 1, 2009

More on Albertsons (for the sale starting tomorrow)

I am so excited to have found the $.50/1 Green Giant (from coupons.com) and the $1.00/1 - Pillsbury Refrigerated Grands Biscuits coupons today! This will make those things really cheap at Albertsons this week! And don't forget, the Fall and Winter months are the time to stock up on Soups! You will start to see Progresso on sale way more often, plus lots more coupons than usual!

Here is the promo at Albertsons:

General Mills Promo
Spend $20 on participating products, receive a $5 Catalina (for your next order)


Scenario Idea:

{BUY 2} Green Giant Frozen Vegetables 7-10 oz. $1.00
$.50/1 Green Giant - (coupons.com)
Final Price: $.25

{BUY 6} Pillsbury Grands biscuits 16.3 oz. $1.25
$1.00/1 FF - Pillsbury Refrigerated Grands Biscuits - (bricks.coupons.com)
$1.00/1 IE - Pillsbury Refrigerated Grands Biscuits - (bricks.coupons.com)
$1.00/2 – Pillsbury Refrigerated Grands Biscuits – (smartsource.com)
$1.00/2 – Pillsbury Refrigerated Grands Biscuits – (boxtops4education.com)
Final Price: FREE -$.44

{BUY 10} Progresso Light or Reduced Sodium Soup $1.33
$1.00/2 IE - Progresso Soup- (bricks.coupons.com)
$1.00/2 FF - Progresso Soup- (bricks.coupons.com)
$1.10/3 Progresso Soup - (coupons.com)
Final Price: $.50-.63

Total Price Before Coupons and Tax: $22.80
Total After Coupon: $13.60 OOP
Total after factoring in Catalina Savings: $8.60

Wondering what you'll do with all those Grands Biscuits?
Check out our post HERE from when these were free a few months ago!

17 comments:

The Prudent Homemaker said...

Our ads come in the mail here. My mail won't come for another hour still (or more!)

That's great!

Rosie said...

I'm hoping that I'll get to the store and see that muffin mix is included even though its not listed in the ad. We have muffins almost every Sunday morning at our house (hubby makes em!) and we're out! I've been waiting for the right price on them... on that note, what's your muffin mix stock up price?

mel said...

I printed the Progresso coupon using the link to bricks.com. When I took it off the printer, a coupon for Yoplait Delight multipacks had also printed on the same sheet of paper. Yippee! A bonus coupon.

Ashley said...

Thanks for doing scenarios, otherwise I don't even try but this gives me a much better guideline to follow. I love it.

Dondillissa said...

The .50/1 green giant coupon on coupons.com is for 19-24 oz only. There is another .50/2 coupon for boxed veggies that doesn't specify size, though.

Seth & Heather McGary said...

I actually have the green giant coupon for the fresh steamers frozen veggies. I'm not sure if these ones are included in the sale but they do not specify a size and they are .50/1. I also got the yoplait delight coupon.

heatherlynn said...

The pillsbury coupon ($1.00/1) keeps telling me to install the coupon printer....I print coupons all the time.

Any suggestions?

Becky said...

Heatherlynn,

Sounds like you clicked on the firefox link and when that happens it messes everything up. What I've heard works best is to uninstall the coupon printer, restart your computer then try it again using the internet explorer link. It will then ask you to install the coupon printer just once, then you're good to go!

AliSmith13 said...

Any ideas on freezing the biscuit dough? Someone on the comments from the previous biscuit post said they successfully froze them, but I was unsure of the details. Do you just leave them in the package or store them some other way? And when it comes time to use them...do I thaw them first? Blah blah blah...any advice would be much appreciated! TIA!

The SoCal Mom said...

What region are these deals coming from? I have my ad right here and I am not seeing any of these promotions here in SoCal. Just wondering, Thanks!

Terry said...

Alismith13 - I just got a bunch of biscuits that exp the end of this month and next. The cans say do not freeze - I was thinking I'd bake them up and then freeze and I can pop them out of the freezer as needed? Maybe defrost a bit and then warm in the oven....I've got some morningstar sausage patties and my kraft cheese singles - hope my boys like breakfast sandwiches :)

andrea.roche said...

STILL have Grands biscuits in my fridge.

The thought of more makes me puke in my mouth.

BUT, they ARE free!

Heather Wheeler said...

Andrea the question is, will you turn away more free biscuits??

I personally, am undecided!

idahogirlb said...

I have froze them in the past. When ready to use them, opened them up put them on baking sheet and cooked them. They usually set on baking sheet a couple minutes before I cooked them. Seemed to work. Try on and see. Idahogirlb

heatherlf said...

I can't seem to get the soup bricks coupon to work.

Rachel said...

This has nothing to do with the promos this week, but there are a couple of screamin' deals I found at Albies this afternoon. Cheezits (all types) are $.79/box if you buy in increments of 2 and ask for the Cheezit coupon at the register. Also, Ken's salad dressings are 3/$5 -- if you use 3 $1/1 coupons that arrived in a RP or SS insert several weeks ago, that's 3 for $2!

lbellmer said...

Here's my plan on the biscuits -- Schwans has some real expensive ones that you just pop in individually frozen at 375 for 14 -17 minutes. So, I'm going to open up my pillsbury grands, separate them, freeze them separately on a cookie sheet, then put the individually frozen biscuits in a freezer bag, and cook them from a frozen state ala Schwans! Will let everyone know how it works -- I think it'll be terrific!