Tuesday, September 1, 2009

My Weekly Walgreen's Scenarios! 4 Transactions, $2.49 OOP

At Walgreen's I like to keep it simple. I try to choose 2 or 3 sets of products to swap between. This way, everything stays organized and I don't get overwhelmed with register rewards, coupons, kids and everything else. Here are the 4 scenarios I will be swapping between this week:

Transaction #1

{BUY 2} Velveeta Cups $0.89 each after in ad coupon
Buy 2, Earn a $1 Register Reward
Use BOGO coupon from SS 8/9
Final Price: $.49 (for 2)OOP when you give cashier manufacturer coupon first, and the in ad coupon second
Earn a $1 RR after paying
(thanks commonsensewithmoney!)

Transaction #2
{BUY 1} Carefree Ultra Protection Pantiliners $1.99
Buy 1, Earn a $1.99 Register Reward
$1.00/1 – Carefree Ultra Protection Liners (startsampling.com)
-Use the $1.00 RR to Pay from first transaction
Final Price: $0 OOP
** You will need a filler item!**
Earn a $1.99 RR after paying


Transaction #3
{BUY 1} Reach Total Care Toothbrush or Floss $2.99
Buy 1, Earn a $2 Register Reward
Use the $1/1 from SS 6/14
-Use the $1.99 RR to Pay from first transaction
Final Price: $0 OOP
** You will need a filler item!**
Earn a $2 RR after paying


Transaction #4
{BUY 2} Colgate Total Toothpaste $3.00
Buy 2, Earn a $2 Register Reward
Use 2: $1.00/1 – Colgate Total – (colgate.com)
-Use the $2 RR to Pay from first transaction
Final Price: 2.00 OOP
** You will need a filler item!**
Earn a $2 RR after paying


Total OOP: $2.49
PLUS* I will leave with $2 in Register Rewards.
What do you use for filler items?
Don't know what I am talking about? Go HERE

11 comments:

Becky said...

For filler items I just parouse the school supply aisle and look for anything that is less than $.50. Its usually something I need anyway like pencils or a small pad of paper. If there is nothing there, then I head down the candy aisle and look again for something less than $.50.

Jennifer Quintero said...

Since eggs are $0.99/dozen right now, and don't seem to be on sale anywhere, I switch between eggs and milk for my fillers since I was running low on them anyways. :)

JJK said...

Ramen noodles for 30 some cents

Maya & Me said...

Right now they have sheet protectors 2/$1. I think those will be my filler for the week. Good for the coupon binder.

Penny said...

Like some of the others, I flip between milk and eggs or school supplies. This week, it's paper plates to donate to my daughter's classroom for $0.99.

Chris said...

This week there is a coupon in Walgreen's ad for 2 pocket folders. 5/$1, Since I had to use the coupon I had to get more than one folder, but with both of them that is only $.40. I use tons of folders around the house to organize paper works and a bunch for college classes.

The Walkers said...

I thought it was a policy that you couldn't use RR to pay for things that would earn you more RR???

Stacie Peterson said...

The walkers ~

Your partly right...you use the RR from the toothbrush to buy another toothbrush but you won't get another RR back so don't do that. But if buy the toothbrush and use a RR from something else (ei liners) then you will still get a RR.

hope that helps

Jen Taylor said...

My favorite to use this week were in school supplies, there were some 9 cent bulk pencils.

Sac_Coupon_Fanatic said...

Get 2 Jell-O boxes at Walgreens for 25 cents each. Use the 2/$1 Walgreens coupon from the weekly ad (hurry only good until today). Then use the 50 cents off 2 manufacter's coupon from http://brands.kraftfoods.com/jello/?tqnm=qhbkdmn70814163&o=57747&c=KR&p=epxbBUYg&cl=&cp=&eb=&ci=&bq=&r=&lang=&cista=0

Sac_Coupon_Fanatic said...

Get 2 campbell's soup (tomato or chicken noodle) for .19 each. Use the .69 coupon from the walgreens ad (hurry expires today). Then use the $1 off any 2 campbell's soup from http://www.campbellskitchen.com/